going with 373's

2006satinGT

it's fast enough....NOT !
Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my differential while I have the rear apart.. does anyone have a True Lock installed on a car they also use on the street?

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
Is that the one that locks with the push of a button? If so, I have a friend running it in his T/A. Unless you forget to turn it off while taking a turn it has stock street manors.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my differential while I have the rear apart.. does anyone have a True Lock installed on a car they also use on the street?
I do and it works very well at getting the power to the ground. Keep in mund though that if you change axles that the Mosers tend to run a bit looser with the True track.

blackgtrag

forum member
Reaction score
go 410s if auto NA and 430 if stick NA.
please god trust me, you'lll LOVE ME and send me money for more parts for me

2006satinGT

it's fast enough....NOT !
Reaction score
I am running a 298ci,forged ported and polished, KB 2.6 blown, putting down 550rwhp and 585rwtq.. I am going with 3.73 gears and eventually a 6 speed.. just looking for someone with a tru-loc installed...

N

navbtcret

I have a true trac installed and I drive my car on the street all the time with no issues. It works well at the track too. No additonal noise or clunking at all. It has been in my car since early spring last year.

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score
Not trying to thread jack here -

I'm really curious to the differences in what comes stock with the car and a true trac. Could someone explain please?

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I am running a 298ci,forged ported and polished, KB 2.6 blown, putting down 550rwhp and 585rwtq.. I am going with 3.73 gears and eventually a 6 speed.. just looking for someone with a tru-loc installed...

You bring up a good point: steep gears are more of a necessity with a centrifugal blower than with a PD.

Since the PD makes so much power so much sooner, you don't have to try to cover up for the short-stroke-lack-of-torque-production of these modular motors.

Case in point; my turbo car has 3.55's and you wouldn't know it because you'll be too busy holding on.
4.10's/4.30's sure are fun though. :evillaugh:

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Not trying to thread jack here -

I'm really curious to the differences in what comes stock with the car and a true trac. Could someone explain please?

Ford's name for the stock limited slip is traction lock, or T lock. that is stock.

The detroit true trak is aftermarket. You can read here. I think the biggest difference is in that first sentence. Its a gear type differential instead of the clutch packs that are in the stock LSD. you can wear down the clutch packs.

The Detroit Truetrac is the first gear type limited slip differential in the industry. Its’ patented design of parallel axis planetary helical gears provide a quiet, automatic splitting of torque. Power transfer goes literally unnoticed by the driver – even in front wheel drive axles.

The Detroit Truetrac performs like an open differential under normal driving conditions and automatically transfers torque to the wheel with better traction when ground conditions warrant. The limited slip responds instantly to torque feedback, anytime, at any speed.

Available for 12 Bolt Chevy cars, Ford 8.8 rear ends, and Ford 9” applications, the Detroit Truetrac’s proven design, low cost and effective performance make it the choice of off-road, street, and strip enthusiasts everywhere.

You can also ugrade you LSD by going with a 03 cobra LSD, same design as the stock T LOK, but it has carbon fiber clutch packs instead of the normal stock clutch packs.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back