Goodyear impact gun at the track

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the snap-on... hehe... I feel bad even looking at a milwaukee... Im a HILTI fan

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thinking my cheap ass is sticking with my $90 130lb ft advertised 85 lb ft actual Kwasaki cordless for awhile. My arms and torque wrench work fine to at least break the lugs loose.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thinking my cheap ass is sticking with my $90 130lb ft advertised 85 lb ft actual Kwasaki cordless for awhile. My arms and torque wrench work fine to at least break the lugs loose.

Hey scramble... what kwasiki do you have? gotta link

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I happened to stumble across it at the BX on base for about $90. Never looked it up online, damn, they're a bit expensive for what it is IMO. Another $100 and a 24v can be picked up. No way this one puts out 130lbs ft unless it's only during the first couple of seconds after a charge. However, it's compact and light. Fits under the car nicely in some hard to reach places and works fine for the track. Battery lasts a very very long time.

This is the cheapest one I found in a couple minute Google search. Next cheapest is on Amazon.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/browseproducts/Kawasaki-Cordless-Impact-Wrench-Kit-1-2--14.4-Volt.html

http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-840062-14-4-Volt-Cordless-2-Inch/dp/B000BU6HY2

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So my grandkids grandkids could stumble on it in the year 2080 and if it doesnt work ...they can take it back and get another one?? Like walmart??

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL...I take "Lifetime" warranties based on the company offering it. I know Craftsman will be around for a long time, so I can depend on their warranty. I don't see Snap-On going anywhere anytime soon, so as long as the warranty is good for part of "my" lifetime, I'm happy.

howarmat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Honestly i have the goodyear one and it has worked well. I paid 59.99 for an open box one and have gotten my moneys worth no problem.

169stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Note the Hilti is rated in In.LBS. not FT.LBS. 1290 in.lbs. = 107 ft.lbs. That's more ideal for quick "wrenching" on bolts. It'd have a hard time breaking a lug nut.
I torque my lugs to 115 ft. lbs. Most typically people tighten their lugs as much as they can turn a tire iron...maybe 200+ ft.lbs.
I'm not crazy about anything DeWalt. I've burned up a few drills by DeWalt. Milwaukee, SnapOn...FTMFW:)<<<now that you know what FTW is....I'm sure you'll figure this one out.
I've used a little 3/8th's drive Makita that had a little light for working on cars quite a bit. Been great, but they don't make that particular model any longer.

I'm a firm believer that with tools, power equipment, automotive parts....you get what you pay for. Given there are some exceptions sometimes, but 99% of the time that's the truth.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
And remember that if you need a tool one time you should go buy it because chances are DAMN good that you will need it again in the future.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that with tools, power equipment, automotive parts....you get what you pay for. Given there are some exceptions sometimes, but 99% of the time that's the truth.
Unless its some screwy tool that Ford dreamed up to let a one armed, one legged blind man assemble the part and there is other way to do it without destroying it...

Then you pay what you get for whether you like or not...

(extra points for anyone who gets the historical reference to Henry Ford's perversity with regard to manufacturing... )

169stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And remember that if you need a tool one time you should go buy it because chances are DAMN good that you will need it again in the future.

Isn't that the truth! I admit to having a few tools in the box that have only been used ONCE! Someday, I'm sure I'll be looking for it in that one drawer for "unique tools."

169stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless its some screwy tool that Ford dreamed up to let a one armed, one legged blind man assemble the part and there is other way to do it without destroying it...

Then you pay what you get for whether you like or not...

(extra points for anyone who gets the historical reference to Henry Ford's perversity with regard to manufacturing... )

ROTUNDA TOOLS!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back