Got a Dodge Dakota/Durango and hate the brakes??

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
check these out just made these for my dakota :) will be selling as a kit soon

100_1865.jpg

100_1866.jpg

100_1868.jpg

20110711211942.jpg

20110711212446.jpg

explode_back.jpg

lemme know thoughts comments :highfive:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Honest opinion? I just don't see that too many people will be interested in upgrading the brakes on their Dakota's. Now that the Dakota's have been scrubbed from future production, it makes it even less likely to catch on.

I've just not seen many people who give enough of a shit about a Dakota to spend that kind of money on it.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Honest opinion? I just don't see that too many people will be interested in upgrading the brakes on their Dakota's. Now that the Dakota's have been scrubbed from future production, it makes it even less likely to catch on.

I've just not seen many people who give enough of a shit about a Dakota to spend that kind of money on it.

agreed but i made these because alot of people really wanted these... ;) check out dakota-durango.com if ya want. thanks for input though

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
agreed but i made these because alot of people really wanted these... ;) check out dakota-durango.com if ya want. thanks for input though

Oh, I'm sure there will be a demand for them in the short haul. But realize that a shit-ton of people will say they will buy it, then back out due to unexpected bills, it costs more than they thought it would, etc.

I get the impression you've designed and plan to manufacture these? The CAD drawing is what led me to think that. I know how VERY expensive it can be to only make 20 sets of something like this. Before you order your first run, I would require deposits from those interested.

Not trying to get all up in your business. Just trying to keep a fellow Mustang enthusiast grounded, ya know?

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure there will be a demand for them in the short haul. But realize that a shit-ton of people will say they will buy it, then back out due to unexpected bills, it costs more than they thought it would, etc.

I get the impression you've designed and plan to manufacture these? The CAD drawing is what led me to think that. I know how VERY expensive it can be to only make 20 sets of something like this. Before you order your first run, I would require deposits from those interested.

Not trying to get all up in your business. Just trying to keep a fellow Mustang enthusiast grounded, ya know?

i hear you and thanks for you concern. ;) but i have my own machine shop. just purchased a CNC for doing lots of things. this being one of them. we make pulleys and LS1 stuff too. also accessory drives for older engines. also do custom engraveings

2011-08-07_12-42-44_816.jpg

2011-08-0495125625.jpg

drive_assy.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

2011-04-11_16-25-23_745.jpg

but yea haha as you mentioned earlier it is true... i did this becasue i was doing my own 2 piece 15" brake kit with ZO6 vette stuff then i got swormed with people saying hey hey wait do stuff to fit the stock wheels and rt wheels first we will buy em up!!! well guess what... nothing yet people are like oh man eventually or after college or gf pregnant again lol.. i dont care i was gonna do them any ways...

thanks for feed back... got any "billet" ideas for the mustangs? was thinking about LCA's but everyone makes em... ya know:rant:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Some billet pulleys would be nice. Oil dipstick, brake cover and other, various covers for under hood would be nice too. Especially if you can make them cheaper than what others are wanting.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Your work looks good, you should do more pulleys.

thank you :)

Some billet pulleys would be nice. Oil dipstick, brake cover and other, various covers for under hood would be nice too. Especially if you can make them cheaper than what others are wanting.

ok will look into that thanks...
by the way love the car and those wheels

hate the 5.0 ;) only cause its BAD A@@

Infamousjim

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, does this solve the random locking brakes some dakotas suffer from or is that problem deeper in the system? (I have a friend that's been having alot of problems, but haven't done much research for him yet)

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, does this solve the random locking brakes some dakotas suffer from or is that problem deeper in the system? (I have a friend that's been having alot of problems, but haven't done much research for him yet)

locking brakes?? like sticking calipers??

also update 13" kit goes on tomorrow :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back