Got a New Charger

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hey guys... figured I would share the good news that the collection has expanded. We picked up a new 2014 Dodge Charger SXT Plus with the Blacktop Package. It feels faster than my stock 2007 GT. I am expecting to have fun with this.

Its got a 300 hp 3.6 liter V6 24 valve VVT engine with an 8 speed auto trans, paddle shifts, 20" wheels and 550+ watt Beats audio system.

It's insane how cheap aftermarket performance parts are for this car. In a couple months (when we get back from vacation) I'm going to throw on a complete exhaust (headers to tips), a CAI and tune and have the car striped. I am hoping for 300 RWHP with a nice tone and right around $1,500!

SXTFront.jpg

SXTSide.jpg

SXTRear.jpg

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
My wife loves those cars.
I told her unless you can get it with the 392 and AWD, no way.
I'm glad to hear your liking it.
I might have to take a trip to the dodge dealer.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, congrats.
Me and my wife had a bad experience with a new 2008 Charger, Have never been interested since. They do look good though.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I appreciate the kudos, and the digs, Haters! LoL

And yes, for a fat 6 banger, its fast. And my 07 ran 14.5 off the showroom floor. Had to do gears, exhaust CAI and tune with DR's to get to 13.5. So the Charger is just fine.

Besides, I still have the GT500 and the GT. I just needed a nice family car I can let me 19 year old drive and I can still enjoy when we go out.

Superslow, I had a 2007 Charger SRT8. A year later traded it for a Challenger SRT8. Then gave up for awhile. After some good luck with Jeeps, we got a 13 Dart. I actually got this car because my Dart was overheating all the time and they couldn't fix it. We like this car a lot, so hopefully it will be good to us.

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I knew you liked supporting our government.....lol

Nice car to though....

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hahaha... Thanks James. :beerchug2: Yea, I figured if I bought a few more cars from GM, Jim Moron would stop complaining about needing a raise.

topbliss

Reaction score
I'm messing with ya. its a very nice car, good luck :)

But 14.5 is still way faster then 15.0.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I'm messing with ya. its a very nice car, good luck :)

But 14.5 is still way faster then 15.0.

I know man. Its cool. We've been BS'ing on this forum for a long ass time. I wasn't thinking anything but we are having fun. I appreciate you reaffirming it for me though. :beer:

I do agree, in the racing world, a half second spread might as well be the next day. On a DD that will likely never see a track beyond the parking lot... its not as important. LOL

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice ride man I like the new chargers.
And I can't believe you ran 14.5 in a stock 3v, I went 13.375 step ya game up! lol

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Right? LOL actually, a lot of my Mustang friends thought it was just me. I let a few of them drive the car since I have about 180 lbs on most of them and they didn't do any better. After awhile, we all kinda agreed my car was a factory freak, but in a bad way. That was what started my modding addiction really. Just trying to keep up with the Jones'.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
My wife loves those cars.
I told her unless you can get it with the 392 and AWD, no way.
I'm glad to hear your liking it.
I might have to take a trip to the dodge dealer.

Well then you are safe. The 392 is RWD only...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I think that was on purpose. Very smart move... as long as she doesn't read this thread. oops.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I appreciate the kudos, and the digs, Haters! LoL

And yes, for a fat 6 banger, its fast. And my 07 ran 14.5 off the showroom floor. Had to do gears, exhaust CAI and tune with DR's to get to 13.5. So the Charger is just fine.

Be.

My 07 went 14.20 stock off the show room floor.

gears exhaust cai tune and DRs put it to 13.50s as well....except when I raced it in mineshaft air lol, then it went 13.30s haha

Nice charger too, like the color combo

UNDRTKR

forum member
Reaction score
My wife has one of those as well. Super nice car. Looks just like that. She had the interior done in red for some reason though. I like it. It's a nice cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats bro! I've been in sales at a Dodge dealer for 5 years and can agree that these 6 bangers are a lot quicker (and nicer) than people give credit for. 2011+ Chrysler products have been impressive so far in almost every category.

Not quite sure my demo (2014 Charger SXT) is as quick as my old 06 was... lol.... but it's definitely a nice car that has a sense of sport to it.

Also I'm not a fan of really any beats product, but always thought the Beats stereo in the Charger/300 sounded much better than the Alpine stereo they offer.

Back