Got my Exhaust and a Tune

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Finally got my Exhaust put on my car. I took it to Street Stangs in LaGrange, Ohio and had the owner, Matt Alderman, install the exhaust and tune it for off road. The exhaust consists of Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, a modified JBA 3" to 2-3/4" off road H-Pipe, JPC over the axle straight pipes, to the GT500 axle backs. He tuned it with his "Retro Idle" (Ghost Cam) file.

He did three dyno pulls, the best of the three was 407hp at the wheels. Got one on video making 396 rwhp and 356 rwtq:

Here's a video from behind (giggity):

And let's not forget the most important mod to date:

BBRAntenna.jpg

BBR Antenna :boobies:

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I thought I heared 4 shifts, It was hard to tell!! Also was that on a MustangDyno? If so that is why the numbers look A little low, If it was a dynojet they would be Higher. But good numbers. I guess there are more tuners out there that have the "ghost cam" other than Lund,And AED

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks and sounds awesome man! Just be aware that running the ghost cams tune means getting your plugs blackened. It runs really rich at idle. I ran Lund's cam tune off and on over the last 8k miles and started to notice that my car wasn't pulling quite as strong on the top end. So I put some Seafoam in the gas tank and boy, did that wake her up a bit. Then, I pulled the plugs another 1500 miles later and they needed to be cleaned up. Once they were back in after cleaning them, the car was running much better.

The cammed tune is great and nostalgic. But it will foul yours plugs after awhile.

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's a dyno jet. It's loaded for the street so the numbers on the dyno are what you are actually getting driving on the road.

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
@VTXFrank, Thanks for the heads up on the plugs. I'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure I keep them clean.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back