Gotta Have It Bitchin' Build Thread

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just saying you seem to be buying every single thing you can on the car, you should probably do both. Lol

I just had to do a tiny bit more than the instructions said to on the fan.

Edit: oh and you'll still need a BOV

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'm just saying you seem to be buying every single thing you can on the car, you should probably do both. Lol

I just had to do a tiny bit more than the instructions said to on the fan.

Edit: oh and you'll still need a BOV

Yeah, I guess but I like doing it right the first time. I don't half-ass shit. I'd rather upgrade the supporting systems instead of figuring out they should have been upgraded when something breaks. LOL

No sir, no BOV is needed when putting a wastegate in place of the BOV.

I added the link for you :beerdrink:

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Well at least you have time to confirm the BOV/Wastegate ordeal before you get back, so you don't find out when something breaks, lol.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
What ordeal? LOL

You can either run the BOV, or run a wastegate. No BOV is needed when running a wastegate...

Boom!

mvrb.jpg

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Reading owned me, again, damnit lol.

Does the wastegate route before or after the BOV? That picture made me think it took place of the BOV. Looks to be the same pipe going to the I/C?

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
It's after it. It's on the cool side of the I/C, the BOV is stock at the top of the hot side, aftermarket kits relocate it to right before the I/C.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Thank you kind Sir! Makes sense now. I wouldn't had been confused if I had it all right in front of me LOL!

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Haha yeah it definitely helps to be able to visualize it instead of relying on pics.

I really hope you do the waste gate setup. I'm pretty close to going that route myself.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Yes, yes it does. Especially for me. I can figure stuff out easier by having it in my hands with little to no instruction better than looking at pictures.

I hope so to but it really all depends on how much I am willing to spend. I'm going to have some other goals when I get back to Texas that will take precedence over the car. I don't need all the extra mods right away but it would be badass to set it up the way I want the first time.

If you go that route I will definitely be looking forward to the results! It should really benifit you more than I since you have the Boss IM.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Damn, just read up on what you've been planning. Can't wait to see this Ryan!

Thanks Cam.
I can't wait to actually start building it! LOL

After I acquire the parts I have listed a few post back, I plan to beef up the MT-82, get McLeod Twin Disk clutch and flywheel, and I'll be done for a while as far as performance parts.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Just picked up Eibach Coilover Pro-Steet S kit! Got them for a good price too.

At first I didn't know if I wanted to go with a kit that was height adjustable only, but after researching them I didn't find any bad reviews or complaints about them. I will probably go will a fully adjustable coilover kit later one such as KWs or Eibach R2s but these will be good enough for now.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Haha so I take it you aren't considering the coil overs to be in the performance part category you are done spending in?

Gonna be quite the build when you get home, man. Can't wait!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back