gt500 E-Brake troubles

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Just installed Bmr UCA/mount the during the last 2 days. After install i notice my e-brake pulls up with no tension and will not stop my car. I already pulled a wheel off and checked to make sure back brakes worked and the pads looked good.

Has anyone ran into this or have any other ideas on what to check? Thanks!

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Not really sure how that install would affect E-brake, you checked your cables are still attached to both rear calipers? Or did you somehow stretch/unhook the cables from the splitter bracket thats in the trans tunnel?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense.

Did you see if the linkage is connected properly in the DS tunnel? This is where the single line that feeds to the ebrake handle is connected to the two lines for each caliper in the rear.

Did you remove the lines at all from the rear brakes during the install?

Have you tried tightening the ebrake line in the interior? If you look inside your center console you will a little compartment flap that can be removed - inside there is a nut for the ebrake handle that can be tightened.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
...moved to where nobody will read it. Who is responsible for moving every thread that has the phrase "GT500" in it to this section? The parking brake cable is not specific to GT500's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back