GT500 S/C Swap on my 4.6 "DOB Manifold"

rzaenglein

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but i figured it would be easier to just comment on here instead of firing up a new thread.....with that being said, has anyone used this DOB manifold or the roush manifold with a bigger aftermarket gt500 blower? 2.9, 3.4, 4.0? I have searched and seen people say it is possible but haven't seen any that have actually done it. Thanks

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Most of the reason is that big of a blower will pop the stock block pretty easy. Also the addition HP it takes to spin the bigger blowers isn't worth it for a stock built 4.6

There are a couple who plan to put the 13' 2.3TVS, and Jason is working on the 3.4L whipple on the "R-Spec" manifold.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Just get the r-spec if want to go big. Lol. The new 13 TVs fits which is a nice step up from the regular Eaton.

Here's Jason's monster on the r-spec

u9ata4as.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rzaenglein

forum member
Reaction score
I was planning to run the stock m122 gt500 blower on my stock bottom end for awhile and then go to probably a 320 something cubic inch with the new ford racing cast iron block. That's when I would be interested in the bigger blower if it would be beneficial for the money. Is there any info I can research on this r spec? Anyone know off the top of there head what the 2.3 tvs takeoff blowers are going for?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but i figured it would be easier to just comment on here instead of firing up a new thread.....with that being said, has anyone used this DOB manifold or the roush manifold with a bigger aftermarket gt500 blower? 2.9, 3.4, 4.0? I have searched and seen people say it is possible but haven't seen any that have actually done it. Thanks

I'd really like to see someone do a 2.9. They are cheaper than the suggested retail listed here. The crusher inlet removes the biggest restriction found on the 4.6 Mustang 2.3 Whipple.

Part Details

M-6066-MSVT29T.jpg

Hover over image to zoom
click to enlarge

2007-2010 MUSTANG SVT 2.9L SUPERCHARGER UPGRADE WITHOUT CALIBRATION
M-6066-MSVT29T*
Suggested Retail Price
$4,399.00

Sold in Units of:
Each (1)

tech notes

• Fits 5.4L DOHC 2007-2010 Mustang SVT engines
  • 2.9L Twin-Screw Whipple Supercharger Assembly with 3-inch pulley
  • Black Wrinkle Finish
  • At comparable boost levels the unit delivers more power, cooler charge temps, and less parasitic loss than stock supercharger
  • Supercharger Only
  • Does not include open element cold air intake system
  • Uses OEM supercharger belt
  • Calibration Not Included (Recalibration of engine management system is mandatory to prevent engine damage)
  • Premium fuel required
  • Damper upgrade M-6312-SVT strongly recommended for 2007 SVT Mustangs to prevent crankshaft failure

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back