H&R Super Sport Owners Roll Call

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure I've messaged a lot of you regarding suspension upgrades and what not, but I figure one huge thread of H&R SS spring owners (I guess), of how the ride is over various surfaces, and the handling is would be beneficial to others. I tried searching, but didn't come up with much.

Anyhow, can those who have them installed, could you please post pictures, setups and general feedback on them, please?

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
I daily drive my car, I love the stance but my area is under the largest road work project in Southern New Jersey. (Rt. 52 Causeway project). This means every road is filled with dips and pot holes and is uneven. This also means that I bounce around in my car like my car is a bucking bronco. I hate it, I actually change my way to work and school because I don't feel like going over the bumps.

That being said, the look with H&R SS springs is like none other.
DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
Tires and Wheels... wrong section playboy.

That said I ran H&R SS for about 3 months before switching to coilovers. The biggest thing about those springs is making sure you get a good set of dampers to control the motion of the springs.

4519451361_dc1a2923b3_z.jpg

4520084090_f38194c70f_z.jpg

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I originally ran the H&R SS Springs with the stock shocks and struts, but the ride and handling was way too soft. I now run them with Roush shocks and struts (thanks to peetiewonder) and the improvement is huge, with the ride and handling being excellent.

I no longer use it on the road, track only, but when I did it was a bit of a nightmare getting over speed bumps, especially when it was on the stock shock and struts. It still wasn't easy with the Roush's and I had to drive diagonally over some of the bigger ones. I don't miss that.

Oh, as soon as I fitted the H&R SS Springs the factory strut mounts went, so I upgraded them to Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates. Recommended.

DSC_0558.jpg

2005MustangGTTrack1.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back