Had a train derail at work today.

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
I worked for CSX for 4yrs in the B&O CT. Also a couple months on the Pierre Marquette when I got layed off. What Dept? I'm in Signal. Dont't have to worry about that anymore. Have probably 60 guys under me on the roster where I am at now. Only 17yrs to go. And I don't have to travel anymore either.

Infamousjim

forum member
Reaction score
just found another cool photo of it on totallycoolpix.com under Pix of Week 44. crazy

week44_068.jpg

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
It was a total of 22 cars. And the majority were right there. All smashed together side by side. The shop I work out of is just to the right about 100ft from the track.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, what does each one of those cars cost? What would something like that cost to clean up? How long to clean it up?

trakpak73

forum member
Reaction score
I heard the cars may be 1 million a piece. The company that is scrapping the cars has a week to get them gone. They will be working some long hrs. Heard the CN may be looking at 50 million for everything. Including everything on our Railroad that was destroyed. About 1000ft of track, all the signal equipment, and all the ot we all put in for the last few days.

Back