Hard brake pedal

Melaman

Reaction score
2007, 4 liter, Pony edition
I changed the rear rotors and pads, And master cylinder. After changing the master cylinder, the brake pedal is now very hard and I have no braking power, (car will not stop).
I bench bled the master cylinder installed it then used a power bleeder to bleed all four wheels. The pedal now is very hard. I used a Foxwell controller to activate the abs, but didn't rebleed the 4 lines. I checked the vacuum for the booster by removing the vacuum line after I turned the engine off, there was still a vacuum in the booster. I also removed the vacuum line then started the engine, there is good vacuum on the line. I didn't have a vacuum gauge so could not measure the exact vacuum pressure.
I am looking for next steps on what would be making the peddle hard. Bad booster? It worked well before.
Many thanks for any advice.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Was there a power boost issue before the work was done?
Hard pedal sure is pointing to the booster, but its an odd coincidence that there is a problem after work was performed.

Melaman

Reaction score
There was no issue before the work was performed.
I think I am going to bleed one of the lines by pushing on the brake pedal to see if the brake pedal drops. If the pedal remains hard, I will take the master cylinder off and press the peddle to see of the peddle drops.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back