Has anyone looked at getting the stock 5 speed built?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone had or looked into having their stock 5 speed built up for high hp applications? Places and prices? I have a hard time swallowing the cost of 4 grand to put a 6 speed in. I thought I heard before someone found a place that could do the stocker for around $1500 and good to around 800rwhp?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in that as well. If I could get that the only reason I'd want the 6 speed would be to get a viper spec one with a lower 6th gear for better highway milage.

Reaction score
Pro Motion Performance can do it, They have done one for at least one of the board members here. You can have th einput shaft upgraded to 26 spline, and maybe other improvements as well.
Pro Motion Performance is in FL

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I touched on this subject with Jim... outlook isn't promising at the moment.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
kimmer there have been a few TR6060s on ebay for 1900 bucks. also GT500 clutches for 500 bucks. if you got both you got a almsot complete 6 speed conversion for 2400 bucks

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
I had a 26 spline done up for mine. Had it all torn apart and some work done and all the internals polished in it. IDK what kind of power it will take but its super smooth now I know that.

No internal parts were replaced with upgraded components however.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Well, maybe a few more gt500's will get wrecked from careless drivers and i'll be able to get one real cheap...lol. Man, after it's all said and done, i'll end up with more in this gt than the gt500.:samuri:

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Just had a 26 spline put in mine. Otherwise it is a low mileage stocker and I am gonna throw 650+ rwhp at it. I haven't heard of one "breaking" anything but the input shaft. I have heard of people losing synchros but that is a driver thing not horsepower.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spoke extensively with the guy from Promotion about a month ago, and yes they can do 26sp input shaft, cryo treated cluster gears, up grade syncro's etc....
IIRC price was around $2200 + core for the best of the best, plus a clutch, and they were also recommending the adjustable MacLeod slave cylinder to correct the missing stroke needed to operate most after market clutches out there properly. Total was up around 3 grand + core by the time it was all said and done.

Yet when you talk to D&D they say nobody is doing it, and that upgrade syncro's aren't even available.

I'll probably opt for the TR6060 for 4 grand. I just wish they'd hurry up and make it with a .50 6th gear. By the time I sent a core from Canada back to S. Florida I'd save 500 bucks to keep the 5 speed.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spoke extensively with the guy from Promotion about a month ago, and yes they can do 26sp input shaft, cryo treated cluster gears, up grade syncro's etc....
IIRC price was around $2200 + core for the best of the best, plus a clutch, and they were also recommending the adjustable MacLeod slave cylinder to correct the missing stroke needed to operate most after market clutches out there properly. Total was up around 3 grand + core by the time it was all said and done.

Yet when you talk to D&D they say nobody is doing it, and that upgrade syncro's aren't even available.

I'll probably opt for the TR6060 for 4 grand. I just wish they'd hurry up and make it with a .50 6th gear. By the time I sent a core from Canada back to S. Florida I'd save 500 bucks to keep the 5 speed.

That is very interesting, and I could save a bit of money by being close enough to just drive my trans to them. Although the TR6060 with a .50 6th gear would probably be my first choice at this time. I have time to look around and see what options come up though.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is very interesting, and I could save a bit of money by being close enough to just drive my trans to them. Although the TR6060 with a .50 6th gear would probably be my first choice at this time. I have time to look around and see what options come up though.

I have a stock 5 speed for sale!!! :idea:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 5 speed in my car LOL. By the way, I did send a respose PM back to you.

Deviant

forum member
Reaction score
i found one of the six speeds for 1700 what else is necessary to get this synched up and working with my gt

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i found one of the six speeds for 1700 what else is necessary to get this synched up and working with my gt
TR6060 or T56?

Both need:
crossmember
driveshaft
clutch (26 spline)
shifter hardware

Of course those are not interchangeable between the T56 and the TR6060.

The T56 will need some sort of throwout - hydraulic or mechanical and adapters as required to connect to your clutch pedal...

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
That would be a 6060. Hopefully you got the D/S too. Or you can probably get a nice alum aftermarket one for 600-700 bucks. Maybe spyder can whip up some Shelby D/S in the future.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back