Has Ford been successful in fixing the clutch/transmission issue? (moved 2011)

callahan318

Reaction score
I have ordered a 2012 GT Premium through ENCS for when I get home next fall from Iraq. I am wondering if Ford ha been successful in fixing the issues surrounding the clutch / transmission yet (IE the grinding of the transmissions in 2nd and 3rd gear and the clutch pedal not working correctly) or if they will end up carrying it over to the 2012 model year. I really like the 2011, but had to wait for a 2012. Any thoughts on whether or not Ford will have this fixed by the next years build cycle?

Last edited:
Reaction score
My 2011 was built in Sept. 10 and has 4,500 miles on it now, I beat the crap out of it from time to time, has about 20 1/4 mile passes on the stock clutch, not a single problem yet. I heard the main problems were with the cars built in May or earlier. so u should be fine.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Twin Screw when was your car built? My car was 9/22/10 and still has good shift quality and light clutch action. 3500 miles hope they got it fixed, anyone who has had the problem please chime in on what the dealer service solution was. New parts, new bolts, thread locker etc. I think this an interesting tech topic.
Steve

Reaction score
With a June/2010 build date mine has only had the sticking clutch issue which was fixed under the TSB and no problems since.

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
4-26-2010 is my build date. Dealer replaced clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. I've put maybe 500 miles on it since. Works like new now. Car is in storage for the winter

callahan318

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem has been fixed overall. Hopefully it will not keep croping up. How is the German designed, Chinese built transmision fairing overall?

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
My car was built on 6-10. Have almost 5000 miles, and I beet the crap out of it when I drive it. 15 dragstrip passes, and knock on wood, no problems .

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Mine has a build date of June 22, 2010. I'm just over 3000 miles and haven't had any issues yet. *Knock on wood*

But I do think Ford has it worked out now. Going forward, they are aware of the issues the ones built prior to May were having and took good steps to fix it. I've not heard of anyone getting this warranty issue fixed.

Buy with peace of mind brother. Ford has one of the best customer support reputations amongst the various domestic auto-makers. Initial quality is excellent and so far, I've not had to use my dealership for anything.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Mine has a build date of June 22, 2010. I'm just over 3000 miles and haven't had any issues yet. *Knock on wood*

But I do think Ford has it worked out now. Going forward, they are aware of the issues the ones built prior to May were having and took good steps to fix it. I've not heard of anyone getting this warranty issue fixed.

Buy with peace of mind brother. Ford has one of the best customer support reputations amongst the various domestic auto-makers. Initial quality is excellent and so far, I've not had to use my dealership for anything.

Just curious how do you find out the exact build date? My door jam sticker says 6/2010.

rtz

Reaction score
I've got 2400 highway miles so my car has been shifted very little. That's a lot different then someone who racked up all those miles in city driving. Just an observation on trying to relate miles as to when a problem will show up.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just curious how do you find out the exact build date? My door jam sticker says 6/2010.

You just have to look on your window sticker. Check out this one. I've highlighted it for you. Mine was made on June 21, 2010. I was off by a day trying to remember it. LOL!

WindowSitckerDate.jpg

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Been fortunate so far. Car build date is 6/1/10.

Over the winter I will be installing an aluminum flywheel setup however. May be bigger things coming in the future. ;)

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Sounds like the problem has been fixed overall. Hopefully it will not keep croping up. How is the German designed, Chinese built transmision fairing overall?

What actions did Ford take to resolve these problems? Last I heard, they were simply replacing problematic parts with the same part numbers... did they make a design change or re-manufacture a set of transmission parts - new part numbers? This would be great news if that is the case.

Last edited:

Modshack

forum member
Reaction score
What actions did Ford take to resolve these problems? Last I heard, they were simply replacing problematic parts with the same part numbers... did they make a design change or re-manufacture a set of transmission parts - new part numbers? This would be great news if that is the case.

I'd bet this is as simple as a torque wrench being out of spec on the assembly line. There's no indication that these parts are bad, just that they came loose. By the time this was discovered, hundreds if not thousands went down the line. Glad I got an early (3/31) car!

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
You just have to look on your window sticker. Check out this one. I've highlighted it for you. Mine was made on June 21, 2010. I was off by a day trying to remember it. LOL!

WindowSitckerDate.jpg

thats not accurate. My window sticker says 04-14-10 however when the tech called about the TSB they said my actual build date was 4-26-10

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
thats not accurate. My window sticker says 04-14-10 however when the tech called about the TSB they said my actual build date was 4-26-10

Might be something to this. My window sticker says 5/24/2010 but my door jam sticker says built 6/2010. Wonder how to really find out the exact build date.??

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
Might be something to this. My window sticker says 5/24/2010 but my door jam sticker says built 6/2010. Wonder how to really find out the exact build date.??

I would probably say the door sticker is the accurate date hence it's going on the car while it's being built!

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I would probably say the door sticker is the accurate date hence it's going on the car while it's being built!

But it just gives the month and year. I would like to know the exact build date. There has to be a way to find out. Anyone know??

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back