Have a gt. . where do I go from here?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will give you my opinion which is a little different from some of the others if your goal is in the 450-500 range.

I went the traditional route with CAI and tune first then I added underdrive pulleys, full exhaust, gears , full suspension +++ before deciding to go forced induction.

I spent the $10,000 before F/I was even a thought.

On my friends car we went a different route which was F/I before any other mods except sports springs.

When driving my car it's definitely louder and much less forgiving in a way.

His car feels stock till you step on the loud pedal.

After I drove his car I almost regretted the money I spent on full exhaust, a K-Member and a host of other things.

If you go with the Saleen S/C with JDM stage II upgrades you will be in for around $6,000 if you install it yourself. You can add the twin fuel pumps for added safety for another $700 or s.

This will leave around $3200 for other mods such as sports springs, swaybars and maybe upgraded wheels and tires.

Going this route is a little more risky since you are still on stock internals but there are around 1,000 people using this setup with nearly no failures.

I said it before and I will say it again it is impossible to to build a motor and add a S/C or T/C for $10,000 out the door.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back