hawk hp plus...

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has these on their daily driven stang. i was looking into them but they say "not intended for daily street use." i drive aggressively on the street. possibly some track time someday, but realisticly, not sure when thats going to happen. the most the brakes see is if im racing my bud from like 40-120 and we will do that multiple times. my stock brakes are just starting to crap out after 1.5 summers of abuse. want something to stop/hold up better, thanks.

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score
look into hps pads. from what i hear they're more aggressive than stock pads but won't eat up your rotors like the racing-based hp+ pad will

fwiw, i have run these for the track. they are a good pad, but i don't think i'd use them for daily driving. they could get pretty noisy...

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
HPS will not cut it on the track. If they do, you're not driving fast enough.

HP+ will squeal LOUD like a dump truck on the street; and their performance on-track isn't good enough to offset this embarassment.

I liked EBC Yellowstuff for a dual-purpose pad, but I was driving quite a bit slower back when I used those...

Swap pads at the track if you can.

Thinkkker

Reaction score
Actually, I never heard them on the street much unless i had the windows down. They squeal, but not too horrible. You WILL have LOADS of dust EVERYWHERE.

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
Does seem like you need the HPS and not the HP+, although i have had zero issues with both! as mentioned in the post before HP+ will dust and the HPS will not.

HPS is a real good pad with good feel, initial bite, and can take abuse even at 120mph. just not sure you should be attempting it on public roads. Good Luck!

Kaldar142

Reaction score
HP+ dusts alot, i i'll be switching to stoptech brand pads front/rear for street duty and continue my DTC70 pads for the track

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i dont know where you herd hps's dont dust but mine is prety bad but i havent washed the car in a long time so it has been building up

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
i didn't hear it, i experienced it. saying they don't dust is not a literal, rather in comparison to oem or other pads.

let me restate: hps dust minimally.

and ive seen your wheels and would agree that is more of a build up rather then dust. spend to $3 in qtrs and go the spray wash! jk

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
The HP+ pads squeal a lot, but are fine for street use. I think this year, I'm going to go with dedicated track pads and seperate street pads when the HP+'s wear out.

I haven't found any brake pads that are remotely suitable for track use that don't squeal a lot on the street when cold.

Deimos

forum member
Reaction score
About a year ago I picked up a set of Hawk HPS pads in preparation for a track event. The pads were great around town, I really liked the more linear feel from the pads. They make alot more dust than the stockers.

They were not, however, able to stop me adequately on the track. Several times I had to run cooldown laps and once I came in early because I almost didn"t make the bus stop at Watkins Glen.

I am in the hunt for a good set of race brakes myself. Looks like EBC Yellowstuff or Hawk DTC-70s might be the ticket.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
Driving to and from the grocery store or work. They are quiet with low dust.

lol so just stock replacements? not any better?

what pad would you recommend for spirited street driving too slow down a supercharged car.

Dont wanna thread jack but i know they get mad when you make new threads lol. i

Last edited:

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
About a year ago I picked up a set of Hawk HPS pads in preparation for a track event. The pads were great around town, I really liked the more linear feel from the pads. They make alot more dust than the stockers.

They were not, however, able to stop me adequately on the track. Several times I had to run cooldown laps and once I came in early because I almost didn"t make the bus stop at Watkins Glen.

I am in the hunt for a good set of race brakes myself. Looks like EBC Yellowstuff or Hawk DTC-70s might be the ticket.

The EBC Yellowstuff will not last if you are going through the HP+. I used a set in four events.

Are you running front brake cooling ducts, DOT 4 fluid and SS lines?

After going from EBC Yellowstuff to HP+ I'm now going with Carbotech HP10/HP8 this season.

There is a good recent thread in this forum on brakes. Try searching on HP10.

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
i just installed some HP10's and they aren't the best for a DD. worked well enough on the track, but def. would not recomend for the street.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I have the HPS pads and love them...hardly any brake dust and they stop on a dime and give you 7 cents change

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
i cant hear them at all...of course i have L/T's, O/R H pipe, exhaust, and a supercharger all yelling at me as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back