Headed to Albuquerque to Dyno Tomorrow

Misfit_5.0

Tools Required: Beer
Reaction score
So I got the last revision to my tune and scheduled the dyno for Friday afternoon at The Dyno Edge. I can't wait to see what this thing puts down. It's a 4 hour drive each way and the elevation is higher then here by about 1500 ft, but that's about the only choice I have. There is a shop in town, but I would burn my car to the ground before I let them touch it. I'll get some videos posted along with the dyno sheet.

blacks197

Reaction score
Good choice on Dyno edge. Chris and his crew are the only people I trust with my vehicles.

Sent from my Mind using the Darkside of the Swartz

despinos

Reaction score
Very good choice! Like black said, he's the only one I would choose to touch my car.

You won't be dissapointed with his work

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
So I got the last revision to my tune and scheduled the dyno for Friday afternoon at The Dyno Edge. I can't wait to see what this thing puts down. It's a 4 hour drive each way and the elevation is higher then here by about 1500 ft, but that's about the only choice I have. There is a shop in town, but I would burn my car to the ground before I let them touch it. I'll get some videos posted along with the dyno sheet.

Don't blame you. And probably know what "chop" you're talking about. Ive been wanting to go there as well and have them touch mine up. It was originally tuned in Phoenix. But would like to get it tuned somewhere with an elevation closer to ours. Be sure to post your impressions.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Just got up to the shop. The drive sucked. Chris and Hoyt are great guys. And they have some sick rides here. GT500 that ran 8.11 and the silver TT Hellion car is here also. They just out an auto in the TT Hellion. That thing put down over 1200 hp. Ill be glad to see half of that.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Just made it home. Loading the video to youtube then I'll post it here in a few minutes.

All in all it was a pretty good day. The first two runs made 560hp and 558hp. Run 3 made 570hp. Runs 1-3 put out a max boost around 7.5 lbs. I took the cai off for run 4 and made 602 hp and 465 tq at around 8.5 lbs of boost. Still on the stock pulley so there is plenty of room to grow.

But it looks like the Brisk plugs are garbage because there are a few lulls in the power curve due to misfires, so they are getting replaced tomorrow.

Thanks so much to the crew at JPC and the guys at Dyno Edge and the other Paxton junkies on here.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Car looks and sounds awesome! Been wanting to get to the dyno edge. Put down strong numbers too!! Nice ride

I made a 4 hour trip each way just to go to the Dyno Edge and I was not disappointed a bit. Those guys are great there. Even managed to get a Boss mid pipe from them for stupid cheap that they just had laying around. I plan to go there again after I change the pulley and the plugs.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I remember when Chris opened up that shop a long time ago. They are great guys and know what they are doing.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I made a 4 hour trip each way just to go to the Dyno Edge and I was not disappointed a bit. Those guys are great there. Even managed to get a Boss mid pipe from them for stupid cheap that they just had laying around. I plan to go there again after I change the pulley and the plugs.

You still have the stock mid pipe? Willing to sell it?

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
Damn, there are more people from NM than I thought. Just wish there were some people down my way.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Damn, there are more people from NM than I thought. Just wish there were some people down my way.

Looks like it. I drove from El Paso. If enough of us got together we may be able to schedule a dyno day there. That would be a good time

donbrujo

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also in Albuquerque from El Paso for work tho. Also had a chance to dyno my car and took some pics. Definitely bringing him my 86 Turbo GT for a tune.

IMAG1119_zpsb52edaa3.jpg

IMAG1118_zps4f425425.jpg

IMAG1101_zps7f4067f1.jpg

IMAG1109_zpsfafe6e07.jpg

IMAG1108_zps4abbcf6f.jpg

IMAG1103_zpsb3be8014.jpg

IMAG1102_zpsc164d93d.jpg

Last edited:

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
Good shit. Chris and Hoyt are great guys and really know what they are doing. If I had known they were doing a dyno day today before I went there yesterday, I would have held off until today. The silver TT is Helloins and the blue GT500 is the one that got the first 4.2 SC IIRC. They said they were going to take it out soon and hope to the 7's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back