Headers + tune

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
On my 07 (assuming it was 260 stock) I picked up 40whp with Kooks LTS,HF cats w/ H,CAI and 93 Bama tune. With that same combo on your 5.0 it should be better,if it's a OR mid pipe. Right now I'm waiting to see what the dyno says for my newly added ARH LTs,OR X,Boss mani and 93 tune on the 5.0.

I'm under the impression 40ish rwhp can be had with full exhaust on the 5.0. With a tune of course.

A little off topic, but I am shooting for 430ish rwhp with full boltons. Can it be done?

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I'm under the impression 40ish rwhp can be had with full exhaust on the 5.0. With a tune of course.

A little off topic, but I am shooting for 430ish rwhp with full boltons. Can it be done?

Toss in a Boss mani and a custom dyno tune and you will be there.

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
Toss in a Boss mani and a custom dyno tune and you will be there.

Indeed... Good to hear.

Further down the road, I plan on adding 1piece driveshaft and lightweight flywheel.

I wager those will free up some torque due to less parasitic loss.

Goal is to get as close to 450 using just N/A bolt-ons as possible.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Indeed... Good to hear.

Further down the road, I plan on adding 1piece driveshaft and lightweight flywheel.

I wager those will free up some torque due to less parasitic loss.

Goal is to get as close to 450 using just N/A bolt-ons as possible.

It's doable, but you're going to end up spending more than a centri blower costs and could have been over 600rwhp. JPC has some good NA packages available. They got to around 500rwhp but had to do full bolt ons with heads and cams.

http://www.jpcracing.com/top-dogjpc-2011-coyote-500hp-package/

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
It's doable, but you're going to end up spending more than a centri blower costs and could have been over 600rwhp. JPC has some good NA packages available. They got to around 500rwhp but had to do full bolt ons with heads and cams.

http://www.jpcracing.com/top-dogjpc-2011-coyote-500hp-package/

Quite familiar with it.

I may go with F/I in the future, but I intend to do full bolt-ons than will be complimented with a centri if I decide to go that route.

The 450 is more of an ambiguous number I picked out -not really a goal.

Hcbr929rr2

forum member
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that the idle relearn did not work unless you disconnected the battery and drained the electrical system first (pumping breaks)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back