HEADLIGHT HELP

SteelPulse

Reaction score
the passenger headlight turns on sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t but the led strips still work fine, i installed the aftermarket headlights on my stock 2011 mustang what could the cause be?

xeninworx

Reaction score
What kind of aftermarket headlights? Did you contact the manufacturer?

DieHarder

Reaction score
the passenger headlight turns on sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t but the led strips still work fine, i installed the aftermarket headlights on my stock 2011 mustang what could the cause be?
The circuit is pretty simple. I'd start by checking the connector with a VOM (Volt, Ohm, Meter). You should be able to find 12v when the light switch is turned on. Red lead on Pin 1; Negative lead on Pin2. I would flex the headlight wiring and connector as it may have been pinched or faulty wiring (short/open/bad ground) from your description. That will help you narrow down if it's a headlight issue or something in the lighting circuit (wiring, relays, SJB, etc.). Not too long ago I found shorts in my son's headlight wiring but it was several inches back from the connector and under tape so you couldn't see it but flexing the wires would turn the light on/off. Anyway, here's a wiring diagram for a 2011:

Good luck.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back