*Help* 05 mustang gt: Spark plugs

05 gt

forum member
Reaction score
A new problem sort of arose today on my way home. I was stopped on a exit ramp in traffic and started to let the clutch pedal up and a rattle noise came from the engine area it wouldn't stop. I originally thought it was because I was starting in third gear or something. So I kept pulling it out of gear and putting it in first gear, no change. I began tapping the gas pedal to see if the noise would change with the engine rpm and it faded away. It only started to happened again on another slight steep grade of road but the noise was not constant as the last time.

Any thoughts on what this could be?
I was thinking it could be the thow out bearing. I could hear it start to make the rattle sound, sometimes when I don't push enough on the gas pedal when releasing the clutch pedal.

Justinsmt88

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure e3 doesn't make a ht plug. BTW ht stands for high thread which is what the 3v motors used until late October of 2007. There are some 2008 Mustangs that were assembled with ht heads. Mine missed the cutoff by a few weeks. I've since installed ported heads with the later style of plug.

E3 reminds me of the old splitfire plugs. Lots of marketing.

I've had them installed in my 06 for about 30k miles. Best plugs I've ever had.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I've had them installed in my 06 for about 30k miles. Best plugs I've ever had.
Again:
As far as those JUNK 3 and 4 ground strap plugs, they dont make a bit of difference. I guess if you believe in those pieces of junk you dont know ANY electrical theory. Current follows path of least resistance, so it will only follow ONE ground strap, while the other ones do absolutely NOTHING. Like Bruce said, all it is is marketing HYPE. No performance gain whatsoever.

KIDAGIN

Reaction score
Cool. Yea I was going to crank the motor over while I have all the plugs out. I used a ton of pb blast/ carb. cleaner which leaked down and has been sitting in there for a few weeks. When I do crank the motor over should I change the oil first or after?

I plan on using the one piece plugs made by champion. I plan on doing a de-carbing service on it, does anyonw know if the auto parts store (Napa) will warranty the plugs if I foul them out ?

I believe that the new OEM plugs are now one piece

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back