Help cleaning/polishing Piano Black Forgestars

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Ok...So don't yell at me, butttt apparently a few days ago when I got to roll the window down on some warm weather, I noticed a slight metallic scraping sound coming from rear. Turns out my left rear brake pad is toast and has destroyed the rotor from when I used to not have a line lock. Not a problem. New rear brakes on the way...What is a problem is that some of the metallic "dust" has gathered in some of the corners of my wheel and it seems almost as if it's embedded into the powdercoat....Can this be fixed? I used some clay on it to see if it'd come out and some did come off fairly easy, just wondering if there is a easy fix to this if any of you others had/have experience with this. Or maybe I just need to clay the hell out of them. Is compound and polish acceptable on PC?

Thanks in advance.

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
it's not a wheel cleaner, but it does remove iron. You'll still need a wheel cleaner for maintenance.

What would you suggest on the piano black? I was under the impression that soap/water was what's recommended for forgestar's finish(es)? Neutral ph is always important on powdercoat correct?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
What would you suggest on the piano black? I was under the impression that soap/water was what's recommended for forgestar's finish(es)? Neutral ph is always important on powdercoat correct?

Sonax full effect, is neutral ph and one of the best/safest wheel cleaners out there.

I also recommend you do a coat or two of optimum opti seal. A well maintained wheel will increase the time between when you need an actual wheel cleaner and can just use soap and water.

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
Sonax full effect, is neutral ph and one of the best/safest wheel cleaners out there.

I also recommend you do a coat or two of optimum opti seal. A well maintained wheel will increase the time between when you need an actual wheel cleaner and can just use soap and water.

Already got some opti seal waitin on me for when I get home in a week :thumb2: Looks like I might have to order some some Sonax now...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back