Help from the wise.

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a brenspeed package this spring, I have been saving for awhile and have about half of what I need but want to go ahead and pull the trigger. Have any of you done financing through brenspeed? Or should I go through my bank? I'm a noob at this stuff so any info on what would be the smartest thing to do all the help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Read at some point here financing go fast parts isn't really the greatest idea.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd just do what I do and build up parts in a frustratingly slow manner. Then have to use your credit card to buy gas and garlic toast because you've spent all of your $ on parts... then refinance your debt into a huge consolidation loan and eat ramen noodles and wear clothing from goodwill/the salvation army.

Got a fast car, though. Very rare here.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going FI? Bad idea to finance. What happens if your motor let's go? Your screwed. If you cant pay cash don't do it IMHO.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going FI? Bad idea to finance. What happens if your motor let's go? Your screwed. If you cant pay cash don't do it IMHO.

Not to mention other vendors may have the same or better packages for much cheaper. Not sure what your looking to finance but usually if you shop around you may find better pricing

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You did not say what package you're looking to add.

if you can't afford to fix it, don't put forced induction on it.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Can I finance an intake and tune? I'd like the 1500R package, but for the monthly payments I can make, it would have to get financed out to April of 2176.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Brenspeed is going to be top retail $ as well... Why not grab a DOB setup (used or new,) and find a middle of the pile near-free GT500 blower... there'll be odds and ends to pick up, but you can have the same power for I'm betting 60% of the cost. Get Lito to do a tune for you.

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
It would be for the basic vortech kit ($4299), just wanted a little bit more from the car but nothing major. I already have a truck incase something happens. Just wanted input from you guys. So thanks for your opinions guys.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
i think brenspeed finance charge is like 28% ..
save up don't give your hard earned money to the
INTEREST DEMONS !
This shit aint cheap , my 6000.00 S/C pkg. is up to well over 15 K.
LOL, I aint added it up and dont think i will ..
BEEP BEEP >>>> UPS IS HERE !

Last edited:

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't finance parts for the same reasons mentioned but if i was to finance something check out TPS Motorsports. They advertise 0% financing upto a year plus they are a vendor here.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
If you're going to finance something that large summit racing has a good finance card you can sign up for, they give 18 month 0% on purchases over 1500, not advising that you
Should do it but it is another option, but I have to agree with these guys if you can't afford it don't buy it, it's a slippery slope of anything goes downhill

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
The reason I had picked Brenspeed was bc they would install it and tune it all right there. I wouldn't mind installing myself, but if I do something wrong then thats where I would get lost.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Research your interest rates. I've borrowed money to finance purchases all my life (going against most practical advice) but I've also built up excellent credit. I have over $66K available on credit cards with rates from 8%-12.9%. I also have 0% offers all the time on a couple of them. If you're going to borrow then at least don't do it at stupid rates. 28% is fucking stupid. That's worse than financing your auto insurance.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Financing mods on an already depreciating asset is retarded. If you can't pay don't play.

This! Then the motor let's go and what then? Your fucked. Pay cash for mods and only expect to sell those parts at $.50 on the dollar. And more like 25% if sold with the car.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Contact Beefcake on the price of the same vortech kit . I'm sure he is cheaper and he does have a shop for installs and tuning. I'm sure the install price would be cheaper as well.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Save up, pay for it with money you have. You never know, in the time it takes to save up for what you think you want, a better deal, or a change of heart may come along. I was building a stand-alone fuel system and about to direct-port N2O my car when a deal on my procharger happened to come along. For what I had saved to do my N2O upgrades, I bought the D1SC for. Sold all my nitrous stuff and used that money to buy my fuel upgrades.

The other shitty thing about financing FI, is if you are financing it, you basically can't afford it. Like it's already been said, if your motor lets go you're down 'til you can afford a new one, on top of financing a blower kit. Beyond that, whenever I've done work to my car, other shit always pops up while I'm doing the build. A set of gaskets here ($) extra hardware there ($) a tool I didn't have and had to go get ($$) and then damn, forgot I had to tune it as well ($$$). I even went out of my way to do a major brake upgrade to the car, because the stock brakes felt severely underrated for 450whp. Quite honestly, I didn't feel safe going to the top of 3rd anywhere.

Sometimes, doing things right means you have to have patience. Makes it all the more worth doing, when it finally happens.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a brenspeed package this spring, I have been saving for awhile and have about half of what I need but want to go ahead and pull the trigger. Have any of you done financing through brenspeed? Or should I go through my bank? I'm a noob at this stuff so any info on what would be the smartest thing to do all the help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

How many miles do you have on your 2009 ?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back