Help with stumbling/misfire and p0148 p0316 p0457

46addict

Reaction score
When you replaced the pump were there any issues getting the retaining ring and rubber gasket on? A leak in this area could throw a 0457 code. And you should be getting more than mid 13s for system voltage when the engine is running. Assuming the alternator can be ruled out, I would look at the battery next.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
You know I did have an issue until I realized I didn’t have it perfectly straight up and down... not to mention I did not do the best job when cleaning the road debris from the seal when I reinstalled the unit into the tank. I’ll check that out sunday

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
9.1 millivolts AC is good. I can't speak for the DC output since i have no idea what the test unit is applying as load or if that is an open output. Additionally is the test unit testing the voltage regulator circuit in the unit?

Last edited:

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Well I solved the problem with the FP being pegged at 50%, pulled the pump to inspect the oring seal for the sending unit collar and when I pulled the assembly out of the tank.... the hose clamp had slipped off the hose that held it on to the pump itself and the hose had forced itself almost completely off the fuel pump.

This was due to the placement of the clear accordion hoses on the sending unit clamps... I originally had unintentionally clipped them on in such a way that the accordion hose placed upward tension on the black rubber hose that is connected to the fuel pump.

After repair and assembly, happy to say my FP is at 22-23% now while at idle, not 50% anymore.

Now I’ll see if the evap problems reappear, if they do then I’ll start tryin to trouble shoot those.

2B0AE40F-A60C-4C86-BF3F-1E4E2A56DF24.jpeg

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
So far, fixing the hose on the fuel pump cured the stumbling.

I’m going to wait and see if the CEL appears within the week and report back any new data.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back