Hey Ron and KB owners

CBRAKLR

Reaction score
I talked to my builder about using the GT500 TB. He said that you cannot use the piece because it uses bronze gears that bind up under the extreme heat produced by the KB. This was the problem with the KB prototype. Remember, this was also using a 2.6H which are supposed to be alittle cooler (relatively of course) and not a 2.4 or 2.6L. They had to switch to the BBK because they use plastic gears that wont bind. James @ KB knows of the situation but I am unaware of what they are doing to correct it. Again, this is only the situation for KB's

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
The stock GT500 TB is just like your stock tb, plastic gears and all. It's just an over grown GT tb. Plus the GT500 tb is 1/3 the cost of the BBK unit and comes complete instead of having to tear your stocker apart.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, so far from everything I have read, the GT500 TB is the way to go.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea from the pics josh has from the 2 tbs side by side they are exactly the same, jsut a little bigger on the GT500 one. thats interesting though and something to look into

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe KB is working on releasing their own big bore throttle body.

Stay tuned for info on that.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Adam had a GT500 (aka V10) TB on his KB several months ago. I don't know if he still does though. That car changes so often I can't keep up. haha

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I posted before but KB is working on a new drive by wire TB that is supposed to be the sheet. Jim bell himself told me last wekk they are 2-3 weeks from being done so irt shouldn't be too much longer. It supposed to give 30-40% more air than even the 90mm lightning!

I would hold out for a couple weeks and see what they come up with. I'm pretty sure they already have a mag article scheduled so they are jamming to get it done.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I posted before but KB is working on a new drive by wire TB that is supposed to be the sheet. Jim bell himself told me last wekk they are 2-3 weeks from being done so irt shouldn't be too much longer. It supposed to give 30-40% more air than even the 90mm lightning!

I would hold out for a couple weeks and see what they come up with. I'm pretty sure they already have a mag article scheduled so they are jamming to get it done.
I would like to preface this by saying that Kenne Bell makes top quality blowers.

Can you say backass engineering.
Forget having it completed and tested before you call in the magazines.
Call in the magazines then thrash to get it to work.
LMAO

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sometimes thats what it takes to be the first hehe. though being first doesnt make it the best

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL - thump the 2-3 weeks included testing...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See they are doing an article about it before it is released so that when it finally comes out a bunch of people will just buy it with out having seen any real data on it. That being said I do think KB makes great blowers, and if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the Saleen off of ebay I'd have gotten the KB.

Back