HID trouble

07samCS

forum member
Reaction score
i searched through old threads looking for help for my problem but come up short. I just installed my HIDs on my 07 gt. the kit i have is bixenon but they will only work on the hi or low side if the regular bulb is in the drivers side socket. if i unplug the bulb they default to low beam only. my kit has a harness that goes from the battery to a relay that gets its signal from the pass side light socket. which side does everyone elses kit hook up to? im figuring this is my problem but wanted to ask before i waste time extending wires and have the same outcome.

:idea:

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
You might have been better off with a kit that plugs up to each headlight seperately....but

Most of the kits that include a relay get the initial ignition signal from the driver's side bulb. But also make sure that you have the right relay tab/wire connected correctly to the battery AND to the ground. Depending on your kit both the RELAY and the BALLASTS need to be grounded.

Hope this helps.

chabbz182

Reaction score
+1 on what he said. Also for some 07 and up you will need a relay kit or what is called a cancel kit. Mine needed it bc of the screwy computer not being able to read the lower watts from the HID kit.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most stuff on HIDs will be in the "Pimpin' It" section.

I did a search on some stuff I posted and hope this helps.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=393149

1. You want to run the ballasts from a relay and the source for the power should come straight off of the + terminal of the battery; I put mine on the battery cable coming into the fuse box.
2. Have the lowbeam signal toggle the relay
3. If they jump up and down when the engine is running, install a 2200µF 50V electrolytic capacitor on the lowbeam signal going to the relay.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67050&postcount=2

Hope this helps.

Mike

07samCS

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for all the help. i moved my connections from the pass side to the driver side and it fixed the hi/low problem. i just figured that one headlight signal was just as good as the other but some how its not.

stangtuner- i was thinking about splitting the signal so it would run on both if this didnt work.

black lightening-my kit is from fleabay. its a MTEC kit. i was actually surprised in the quality of it. i figured it was junk.

Back