hood help

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
i am trying to decide on what hood to purchase. i am stuck between the cervini 2.5", cervini 4", or the bbr cowl style. if you have a vista blue and with a cowl hood could you please post up a picture to help make my decision easier.

thanks
ken

oh here is a picture of mine

kencar087.jpg

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
personally i don't like either hood. i like the steeda 2.5" cowl or the kaneen 3" hood. i have the kaneen and i like how it flows better then the cervini

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
3'' Kaenen Cowl Hood FTW!!!!........The cervini's hood is too boxey for me....IMO it does not flow well with the car.....that is why I went with the Kaenen Hood

Here is a few pictures of mine with the Kaenen Hood....a few different angles for you to look at the hood....

DSCN0165-1.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
do you know if that is that the same one that bbr sells

3'' Kaenen Cowl Hood FTW!!!!........The cervini's hood is too boxey for me....IMO it does not flow well with the car.....that is why I went with the Kaenen Hood

Here is a few pictures of mine with the Kaenen Hood....a few different angles for you to look at the hood....

DSCN0165-1.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do the Cervini hood either, too square.

I am hunting a cowl hood, I've seen it on a car here, which received alot of comments. It looks like the Kaenen hood but it has a second crimp that runs the lines next to the cowl. That's the hood, I'm going to find it, I think it was in a picture thread.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
do you know if that is that the same one that bbr sells

Yes...I think they do sell it......and American Muscle sells it as well.....I bought mine from American Muscle.....the hood fit perfect with no modifications needed to make it fit.....Great Quality and no problems with painting it either the fiberglass was perfect and had no prep work.....

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

DSCN0165-1.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

Holy crap that looks good.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using tapa-whatzit-thing

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Yes...I think they do sell it......and American Muscle sells it as well.....I bought mine from American Muscle.....the hood fit perfect with no modifications needed to make it fit.....Great Quality and no problems with painting it either the fiberglass was perfect and had no prep work.....

same here.... AM even has free shipping to the painters and they had to do NO body work to the hood. it fit perfectly and painted great. i'll mostly put this hood on my roush too.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
same here.... AM even has free shipping to the painters and they had to do NO body work to the hood. it fit perfectly and painted great. i'll mostly put this hood on my roush too.

It is an awesome hood and looks great as well.....Yea Sinner can't wait to see the Roush.....with the new look....

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I have the Keanen.. but I'm still waiting on the painter.

I have pics of us test fitting it, but it's white.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I love that hood! I can't find a website for Kaenen though... I'd like to find a local dealer and when I went to bbr's website I didnt see it listed by brand.. I don't know.. either way, that hood is bad ass!

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
From what I've been told, the Kaenen hood is the BBR 3" cowl, Steeda Street Cowl, and just Kaenen cowl hood on acouple other sites.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
May not be blue..... But here's a pic of my cervinis 4" cowl hood

92722ed2.png

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
these hoods are all about what you like, BBR, steeda and Kaenen are more round but (to me) do not stand out as much, the cervini's 2.5 is perfect to me, I have one, just not on my car yet, and they are more square, I like to look as if I did a Harwood hood on my car and the cervinis' look more like that. the 4" is huge to me, i really thought i wanted a 4" until i sat in a car with one an then I sat in a car with the 2.5" cervini and the 2.5" is perfect. kudos' to thoughs guys with the 4" hoods. heres a few links to pics of the cervinis hoods.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58562

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27135

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47354

Back