Hood strut kits, which ones do you prefer?

70monte

Reaction score
I would like to install a hood strut kit on my 2014 GT. I see there are various manufacturers for these kits and different ways they are mounted. Are there ones that are better than others as far as ease of installation and how strong the struts are and how long the struts last? From what I've seen so far, the Redline Tuning bolt on strut kit looks to be the easiest to install but I don't know how the quality of their struts are. I like the fact that the brackets on the ones from CPC come in factory colors.

What kits do you guys prefer. Thanks.

Wayne

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I have the AM house brank kit on my or with a Cervini fiberglass hood. The quality was just ok. It caused my hood to have more arch to it from the struts having so much pressure, removing the kit allowed my hood to sit flush as it should have. Funny thing is as hard as the struts were pushing on the hood, they barely held it open. I think my fiberglass hood was a bit heavier then the aluminum stocker, but I doubt by much.

Goinpro

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the redline kit about 2 weeks ago. I like it a lot - super easy install, and the struts do a great job of holding the hood open. I bought them specifically for my supercharger install, and so far I don't have 1 complaint. My hood doesn't bulge at all, and lifting it is almost effortless.

DRock

Reaction score
I run the CPC kit and love it. No complaints.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Redline Tuning

Great quality, easy installation, looks like factory, warranty, and effortless and tuned speed when lifting the hood.

/Thread

postalworker

forum member
Reaction score
I have the MRT and like them a lot. They were on the 05 for 4 yrs
and have been on the 11 for 3 yrs, same set- 7 yrs total and never a problem.
Easy install, no drilling 15 min and done...

70monte

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. Other than the AM brand one mentioned above, has anyone had any issues with it bulging or distorting the hood?

Wayne

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
REDLINE TUNING is what I've had on my car since '06 , plus they stand behind there product..great customer service..

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I have roush ones. They are black n sleek n unnoticeable but don't raise the hood up really strong. The redline tuning ones r way stronger but stand out a little more.

70monte

Reaction score
With the redline ones, isn't there something bolted to the fender on the driver's side that has to be moved? My 2014 and the fiancée's 07 has some type of box looking thing bolted by the second fender bolt and it doesn't look like they can be moved since they are also bolted down below.

Wayne

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I have had redline on my car since January with no complaints. I like them as they look factory.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Redline tuning! I've had mine on for about a year and zero issues. The car should have come like this.

Yes, on the driver's side, you have to move the sound tube mount. Basically just flip it & bolt from the underside of the fender. Or better, just remove it (I still have to do that myself...) This instructions with it tell you what you need to do.

topbliss

Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back