Horrible Noise

MonsterKing25

Grabber Pony
Reaction score
So I had my rear brakes and exhaust hangers changed last Friday and now I have a horrible noise coming from the right rear. It's in the attached video

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Gary025/482bfe8a.mp4

I brought it back to the dealer and they are telling me it's the hangers rubbing.

3e44033b.jpg

c01b9364.jpg

I'm doubting it. Any input?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
yup, your hangers are vibrating against their mounts...
I can already see in the pic that they are touching.
Muffler position needs to be adjusted or the hangers bent.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
yup, your hangers are vibrating against their mounts...
I can already see in the pic that they are touching.
Muffler position needs to be adjusted or the hangers bent.

They sure are. And it will make one hell of a racket too. Take it back to whoever did the work and tell them to fix that shit.:stooges:

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
I would try zip tying a piece or rubber or leather to the hangers on the mufflers at the point that they are touching the exhaust hangers. That may fix your problem.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would try zip tying a piece or rubber or leather to the hangers on the mufflers at the point that they are touching the exhaust hangers. That may fix your problem.

That isn't fixing the issue which can be easily, and correctly, remedied by the exhaust shop that did the work.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It will eventually eat it's way through, had the same issue with new axlebacks.
I bent the hangers and adjusted the pipes should be at least a 1/4" away from the hanger. (pipe expansion is real)

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
last time my mustang made a horrible noise it had six spun bearings.. Glad to hear your noise is an easier fix. lol

I bent the hangers on my axle backs too to stop the rubbing. But if an exhaust shop did the work, I'm with Frank, take it back and let them fix it.

RunnerInTheNight

forum member
Reaction score
Well lets start here... see those bolts, yea the one's american muscle provided (no flame, just facts) pull those suckers out and put in other ones, mine snapped inside the hole and breaking the head off. Two, I believe, its been a few weeks since I've been under the car but if you switch sides that little exxcess rubber sticking out of the hanger should stop the rub. Three make sure the hanger isn't also rubbing aganist the rear 'frame rail' for lack of a better term... all those ideas from a 4.0 with a dual exhaust and many rattles.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back