Hot Lap: We tear apart a Foxbody Mustang! – AmericanMuscle.com

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score

We hope everyone had a Happy New Year! For the January edition of Hot Lap we're going to be featuring the following:

- AM Employee Dave and the crew from Bama Performance make some improvements on a Fox

- New 2015 Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust

- 2015 Mustang Sales Figures

- AM Customer Mike sets NA Coyote Record in the 1/4 Mile!

2015's going to be an amazing year here so be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you haven't already done so and for all things Mustang, Keep it right here at AmericanMuscle!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would expect more from the aluminum heads on that fox. What cam is the car running?

Before:
kdq15t.jpg

After:
mtrzwz.jpg

16 hp and 10 ft-lbs is not a big increase.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Yeah but 16hp and 10tq is only an increase over the GT40P heads. Would be interesting to see how they perform over stock heads considering the P heads net 20-40hp over stock.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah but 16hp and 10tq is only an increase over the GT40P heads. Would be interesting to see how they perform over stock heads considering the P heads net 20-40hp over stock.

That is true.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would expect more from the aluminum heads on that fox. What cam is the car running?

Before:
kdq15t.jpg

After:
mtrzwz.jpg

16 hp and 10 ft-lbs is not a big increase.

Hey TJM,

Great question but as stated below, these gains were over the GT40P Heads and not over stock heads.

They would yield much larger gains over stock heads.

In regards to the cam, the car is running the Comp Cams Stage 3 Xtreme Energy XE270HR Camshaft

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Hey Ingwe,

You hit the nail right on the head!

Once these heads are released on the site we will have much more information on their gains over stock heads.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back