HOT ROD sound and keep rwtq in low rpm area.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Before I blew my motor I had hot rod cams originally planned on getting blower cams so when I bought my ported heads I got 127450 cams and upgraded the springs and retainers then late in the build I put my stock cams back in the car with the upgraded springs and retainers and then sold the 127450 cams and phasers. I want my hot rod lope sound back .... I've been reading where some people lost torque in low rpm range with certain setups and cams and only gained up top in high rpms .... is there a cam out there that I can get that will give me lope that i want at idle and still keep my torque in low rpm or gain torque in low rpm.. . .. .Basically is there a cam out there that will give me the best of both for my set up.

My mods are in my sig.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Maybe a custom grind with a lower (tighter) LSA would lope you up a bit without being all top end?
But that would blow boost out of the exhaust... hmmm I'd say call up comp cams and have a little convo.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't really lose much torque with Hot Rods...

but I assume you want more power than Hot Rods. I think with most cams that are going to give you a good amount of power you'll have that loss down low.

Last edited:

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
Bbr stage 2 seems to have pretty good lope with out absolutely killing the bottom end and their good with FI

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
i definitely lost some low end with my BBR stage 1 cams and CMDPs. I installed them at the same time.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Before I blew my motor I had hot rod cams originally planned on getting blower cams so when I bought my ported heads I got 127450 cams and upgraded the springs and retainers then late in the build I put my stock cams back in the car with the upgraded springs and retainers and then sold the 127450 cams and phasers. I want my hot rod lope sound back .... I've been reading where some people lost torque in low rpm range with certain setups and cams and only gained up top in high rpms .... is there a cam out there that I can get that will give me lope that i want at idle and still keep my torque in low rpm or gain torque in low rpm.. . .. .Basically is there a cam out there that will give me the best of both for my set up.

My mods are in my sig.

Have you ever heard 127550 cams? They make good power and sound great.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Bbr stage 2 seems to have pretty good lope with out absolutely killing the bottom end and their good with FI

Do you have any experience with these?
I have a set on the shelf and I'm still on the fence about them.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with these?
I have a set on the shelf and I'm still on the fence about them.

Not personally but just from research it appears to be a good all around cam with good lope. Bbr stg 2 can be run with FI or n/a. But based of its specs i assume it wouldnt lose a ton.
Im no expert so people currect me if im wrong but to get the lope without killing bottom end and being FI compatible your gonna need larger lsa 113+, lots of intake duration, not too much exhaust duration as to disallow bleed off and something that allows vct actuation. P.s. I think dillion dollar has bbr stage 2 cams with centrifugal blower

Last edited:

sprchrgd s197

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
Reaction score
Hmmm, BMWM3....... 127550 sound familiar to you???? LOL!! I told you to get the damn cams skeeter.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back