Hotrod cams and nitrous???

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
I am getting my cams real soon and have been wondering if the hotrod cams would work well with a 75-100 shot of nitrous. I don't know if I will actually do it, just an idea for a little extra help at the track.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with this, but I thought the 0verlap for the lope does not work well with boost or N20... OR it works really well with them, Im not sure...

Im sure someone will chime in with real world experience; but...

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
haze are you getting the heads too?

As of right now it doesn't look like it's happening. The total price for heads, cams, install and tune was rediculous so I will have to wait till next year for the heads unless I win the lottery or something.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
me too, i'm sure some of the nitrous guru's will eventually chime in. since i have the cams already, i was kinda wondering the same thing

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I have them with my Saleen blower. I know my tuner went through hell trying to get the car dialed in. To his credit it is working and working well (for a cammed car). It can be done, but prepare for a lot of dyno and data logging time to get it right. I need to make a slight adjustment on the idle but otherwise it runs great.

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Those cams are fine with that amount of nitrous and then some.

Nitrous creates a lot of cylinder heat and you need more exhuast duration to help evacuate the cylinder. The overlap is not the issue for nitrous like it is for blowers

The hot rod cams are even ok for blowers though not ideal. There are guys running the combination.

Even the thumprs are good for nitrous and they have a lot more overlap then the hot rod cams.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Hi, fwiw, I am running the comp nsr's and a zex 100 shopt and usual bolt ons to induction. I think they are a similar grind to the hot rod cam?

I too worked on the increased exh duration helping out with clearing the combustion chamber. I have about 7 runs on a 100 shot tuned by BAMA and am down to [email protected] or so. There is more to come as I am literally knocking tenths off with each run as experience broadens. I will not be out racing for a few months yet as the UK winter is no place for drag racing! I feel with good LT headers the car would really come to life. That said, its far from slow!

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
That's some good info! I think I will be looking around for a kit sometime in the summer to make some good numbers at the track come next fall.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Hey lazy racer I havent seen you in a while. Glad to hear its going good.

Hi radmustang, hwo are yopu? Im just about keeping my head above water! I started a forum in the Uk and its sooooooo much work you cant imagine. I come here to relax!
:clap::bigbeer:

See you around!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back