How do I keep these windows down?

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
Every time I park the car, as soon as I open a door, the two side windows roll up. Not the quarter windows, just the door windows. This is cramping my style because a 'vert with the top down looks goofy parked with the windows up.

I RTFM, and either missed it, or it's not in there. I searched here, I googled, I failed. Any help you fellas could provide would be much appreciated.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Must be something convertible specific. Neither of my Mustangs have ever done that, an 09 and my current 14.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
My 13 vert does nothing like that. Check the manual and try doing the quick up button reset.

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
My 13 vert does nothing like that. Check the manual and try doing the quick up button reset.

Ya think? Otherwise the windows function perfectly. I checked the manual for a specific command to cause the windows to go up when parked, or turn that function off and came up empty. That's not to say it isn't there, but I sure didn't see it.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Does it have an aftermarket alarm or remote starter?

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
Does it have an aftermarket alarm or remote starter?

No sir, stock as far as that goes. At least, as far as I know. I didn't get any aftermarket remotes with the car and I don't see any extra wiring or siren or anything.

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
That's crazy. Thanks for the link! I'll try the reset procedure and see if this does the trick.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
My coupe is a Sept. 05 build and has the key fob window roll down feature. I have never had an issue as the OP speaks of. The function to roll the windows down is:
With doors locked press the unlock twice in quick succession and hold the second time for about 2-3 sec. When you release the Windows will roll down. Any interruption in this process such as touching a button on remote or the door handle stops the window movement.
A simple reset of the system such as removing the battery cable should reset the functions.

Sent from iPhone

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know when it was produced, but I'll test the windows down function and find out. Thanks guys!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back