how do I stay logged in?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to set it so I stay logged in? It is really really annoying having to type my username/pw like every hour

what OS and what browser are you using? I see a check box in my view and I check it. It says it will keep me logged in. You don't see it on your log in?

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
xp and mozilla. Let me see the thing is I got my browser to eliminate cookies when I close it but the thing is I dont close it that often just hit refresh and thats it.

Andrew

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have Mozilla, or do you have Mozilla Firefox? I suggest getting the latter if you don't already have it. Not sure if Mozilla puts out "Mozilla" anymore, which was a bundled internet browser and e-mail program.

Obviously, make sure to check "remember me" when you log in. I know on other computers with IE, it would clear cookies after 10-15 minutes of not refreshing. I'm looking in Firefox, and don't see a feature like that. Only thing I would say is to not eliminate cookies on close. Ctrl + Shift + Del will clear all private data whenever you want.

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine does the same shit ....on every forum site stays logged in for about 30 min then poof gone oh well i dont give a shit they cant get rid of me that easy

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Wierd... I haven't had to re-login into this site since it started last year. I guess Windows IE has something going for it.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wierd... I haven't had to re-login into this site since it started last year. I guess Windows IE has something going for it.
I stay logged in/remembered for months at a time with Firefox - no issue - As long as the computer is running - even then it usually remembers me when I reboot...

If you delete cookies or have some virus detection software running, it might be blowing temp files away as they are a means of "attacking" browsers...

IE, categorically has NOTHING going for it:tdown::beer:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nine outa ten its probably because i have the auto delete cookies/history enabled on close .......

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I have the same problem also. I can login in, and sometimes I open a picture that someone post and it ask for the user name/PW again.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Over the last two weeks I've been having similar problems with logins not "holding" on certain websites. I have trouble now with yahoo, my office web mail, and a few auto related sites (not this one). Other websites have no problem. I wonder if an IE update, Windows update or Norton Protection Center update is the culprit. This started suddenly and has been very consistent with the same websites...

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Firefox here and the first and last time I logged in was when I first joined. My browser is set up to automatically block all cookies giving me an option to accept, accept for session or deny. Initially I accepted and has worked fine.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Azuress just fixed that problem for me. I'm using Firefox, he had me go to tools, options, privacy, select "show Cookies", find "S197forum.com on your list of cookies and delete it, exit out of firefox and then login to S197forum with user name and password and select remember me.

This fixed my problem.

Thanks Azuress

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back