How do you clean your wheel wells? Best Products etc...??????????

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Im sure this is already somewhere on the forum but could not find it. What product, tips, techniques etc do you guys use to clean your wheel wells? I live in Oklahoma and drive 25,000+ miles a year and my wheel wells always look like crap. Due to the car being lowered its not easy to get a brush under there and scrub away so I typically jack up each corner everyonce and awhile and go at it. Any info will help. Thanks guys

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I just use the same soap that I use to wash the car with. Been using Meguire's car wash lately. One thing though, I do use a separate, older wash mitt, than the one i use on the car's paint, and I do them as the very last thing when cleaning the car.

But I sure the guru's on here will have a better recommendation. I may learn something as well.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I get a citrus based mix in my foam cannon and use it as a prewash for the whole car, also spraying it into the wheel wells to let it soak, then I pressure wash the best I can in there and go at it later with an old mitt and car soap from the was bucket. If I'm taking the wheels off to clean them I'll also use a 5:1 solution of APC and a rag, then dress it with CG Blue Guard II.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Sonax full effect wheel cleaner, Daytona speed master wheel brush and a regular wheel brush works well for me.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Well wheels? I use APC and a brush. Then I dress them with bare bones.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I use Meguiars APC with a brush. Ive used the CG Blue Guard II to dress lately. What is different between that and Bare Bones?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I use Meguiars APC with a brush. Ive used the CG Blue Guard II to dress lately. What is different between that and Bare Bones?

They're similar. I actually feel blue guard II is more forgiving to work with and can cut a lot further.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, looks terrific if applied right. Cut it 1:1 and even if it drips it looks great.

Didn't know you could cut barebones. I'll have to give that a try when I get home. I just got a gallon of both grime reaper and barebones, among other CG stuff :) . They have been at my house for a week while I'm on vacation :( .

Seer, what's the best cut for grime reaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't know you could cut barebones. I'll have to give that a try when I get home. I just got a gallon of both grime reaper and barebones, among other CG stuff :) . They have been at my house for a week while I'm on vacation :( .

Seer, what's the best cut for grime reaper?

you cut grime reaper with distilled water to the strength that you need.

I believe their recommended dilutions are on the product label fyi.

But grime reaper works good cut 4 or 5:1, but can go down as 8:1.

I remember cutting it around 3-5 for heavy grease.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
you cut grime reaper with distilled water to the strength that you need.

I believe their recommended dilutions are on the product label fyi.

But grime reaper works good cut 4 or 5:1, but can go down as 8:1.

I remember cutting it around 3-5 for heavy grease.

Thanks bud, I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

hwm3

forum member
Reaction score
I clean mine with an APC and a brush. Dress with either Megs Hyper Dressing or Poorboys Bold N Bright.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back