How do you consider your ET's?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Specifically, do you go by your 'BEST' or your average?

My car one time so far has hit a 6.78 and three times has hit 6.80's and over a dozen times has hit 6.90's. My best 1/4 (I only have 2 - 1/4 mile passes on this set-up) was a 10.90 and my 1/8 in that run was a 6.98 (one of my worst 1/8 times)

So when people ask me what my car runs, I tell them 6.90's. I was digging my 6.78, don't get me wrong, but is it right to claim that's what the car 'does' when it was my personal best under the perfect conditions?

If I went down Irwindale 10 times in a night, I would expect 8 6.90's and 2 somewhere lower. So when asked what my car runs, would you consider my personal best the number or my 'average' number?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm like you, I generally describe mine as a "low 7-sec" car. Depending on the conversation, I might say "it's gone as low as 7.0"... but usually I'm more vague. However, there is no shame in declaring your personal best... you have a timesheet to back it up (Perris doesn't count BTW... haha). And when/if I crack the 6's, you can bet I'll be happy to say it!!

p.s. Moving to track discussion section...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I have been asked by a couple guys who want to race me, 'what does it run' and I just don't want to hear BS if I make a good pass and they come back and say your car's a lot faster than you said scenario.

Typically, I consider any run within 3 tenths of what you claim to be accurate and not sandbagging because I know better how conditions can play but some don't see it that way.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I usually ensure I can run consistently within a 10th or two of my declared ET. For example, at FWC, in the staging lanes...someone asked me what the car ran, I said..

"It runs high 11's, gone a best of 11.7"

I usually say it runs high x, mid x, low x after I can duplicate the pass 4-5 times. Before Norwalk, I could get 11.7s all day long, even in high heat situations.

At Norwalk, I was saying its a low 11's car that just dipped into the 10's. So I agree with the general consensus here.

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
I would do the average, take out the worse and the best one, add all other numbers and divided by the amount of passes... ex; 7.73+7.75+7.85 = 23.33/3= 7.776, round up last digit = 7.77 sec
Do the same for the 60', those would be fair numbers, the more numbers you have the better...
Cheers

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just say I'm slow.

Everyone I work with always asks, "What's the fastest you've gotten it up to?" How the hell am I supposed to answer that? I say 86 MPH and they look at me weird.

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just say low 11's, which I guess is about an average of what the car would run on any given day.

fin1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Same here. Even though my best is a 10.41, when people ask me what it runs I tell them my best is 10.41 but the car generally runs a 10.6x.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Makes sense. I have been asked by a couple guys who want to race me, 'what does it run' and I just don't want to hear BS if I make a good pass and they come back and say your car's a lot faster than you said scenario.
If that happens to me at the track, I usually tell them what it's been running on that particular day.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well since I have not yet been to the track I can only guess what mine would be.... however I think its fair to say its 11 flat car +/-. but always remember to add... "for now" muhahaha

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I say tell them whatever you want as long as you can back it up with a timeslip.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
On my prior set up I would just say high 12's i would get 12.8-12.9 all the time.

But you better believe when the turbo gets finished up... LOL... im gonna say its a 13 second car LOL depending on how the competion approaches me on the subject if ther not cocky ill be honest if there cocky ill lie my ass off so i break his heart............ when in reallity once i figure out how to re drive the car it'll be 11's street, and looking for 10's on the track

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just tell them the truth. "13.05 but it's got 12s in it". Of course, that was before the latest clusterfudge of problems. Right now it just sit's there and looks cool. In my garage. Where noone can see it. Damn.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I run a "new best" and can back it up within 1%, then I claim it. My latest example was the 6.95 I ran---previous to that I ran a 7.02.

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
rigth now my car is so inconsistent in the 12's mainly because of traction but that's about to change now that I installed UCA, LCA and drag radials and a more agressive tune.

But basically the way I see it if the conversation comes about I say it runs in the 12's.

ranebowcyxx

forum member
Reaction score
Last time out I got that question a lot, I would say mid 12s. If someone asks what's your best I tell them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back