How Much Does It Weigh?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
corbeau harness bar..... goes from seat belt bolt to seat belt bolt... then has a rod on each side going to the floor. Just so you can mount 5 point harness's correctly.

www.corbeau.com

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
got a few parts in and i thought i would add the weights of them

fidanza alumminum 6bolt flywheel 13lbs

mclaod RST 22 pounds

also i will have the weight of the stock clutch and flywheel tomorrow( i didint see it on the list on the front page)

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
So Matt did you ever get any interior wieghts for the items you replaced with the APR products? May not be much but I bet it sure looks purdy. Speaking of which do you have any recent pics? You know with the new Carbon interior and CJ front end?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never got ither parts.... APR stuff was $$ I bought motor parts instead lol... and the CS bumper the guy didn't come through :(

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
So Matt did you ever get any interior wieghts for the items you replaced with the APR products? May not be much but I bet it sure looks purdy. Speaking of which do you have any recent pics? You know with the new Carbon interior and CJ front end?

Most likely your shedding grams off the car switching to APR interior. BUT, it is very nice though. I have the full interior and i love it.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Oh man that sucks all around. Well hopefully you hadn't already paid for the bumper cover. Have you thought about anybody making a few one off parts for you out of something lightweight? Aluminum or Carbon or something.

I've been toying with the idea of making carbon fiber inerior panels for the back seat area. Don't know how much weight it would save but it sure would look good. Same idea for trans tunnel. Does anyone know if the trans tunnel plays any significant role in chassis stiffness? That sure would be a nice hunk of weight gone. And you couldn't see it under the carpet.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Oh man that sucks all around. Well hopefully you hadn't already paid for the bumper cover. Have you thought about anybody making a few one off parts for you out of something lightweight? Aluminum or Carbon or something.

I've been toying with the idea of making carbon fiber inerior panels for the back seat area. Don't know how much weight it would save but it sure would look good. Same idea for trans tunnel. Does anyone know if the trans tunnel plays any significant role in chassis stiffness? That sure would be a nice hunk of weight gone. And you couldn't see it under the carpet.

What exactly would u remove from the trans tunnel. I dont see much down there.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
The Trans Tunnel itself. If it doesn't play any significant role in the structural integrity of the chassis than you could cut away the entire trans tunnel, and with some patience, mold a replacement trans tunnel from CF.Something akin to replacing a body panel. Its certainly doable and the materials aren't that expensive if one were to do it themselves. I just don't want to negatively affect chassis rigidity or strength.

garner

forum member
Reaction score
The Trans Tunnel itself. If it doesn't play any significant role in the structural integrity of the chassis than you could cut away the entire trans tunnel, and with some patience, mold a replacement trans tunnel from CF.Something akin to replacing a body panel. Its certainly doable and the materials aren't that expensive if one were to do it themselves. I just don't want to negatively affect chassis rigidity or strength.

Check out mmr. They sell a fiberglass tunnel for $599 and a carbon fiber tunnel for $799

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Yeah I had heard about that earlier on in this thread and thats where I got the idea. But between what I have heard from people about MMR and the fact that I could make my own for less than $200 in materials I'll probably opt for the DIY approach.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
For those that are interested, the entire under dash AC/Heater/Blower motor assembly (including the AC evaporator and heater core) weighs 20 lbs.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
I pulled some stuff out of my doors the other day and weighed it. The Shaker 1000 door subwoofer, plastic subwoofer enclosure, 6x8 speaker, crash brace, and tar mat weighed 12.5 pounds for each side.

2005mach1

forum member
Reaction score
I pulled some stuff out of my doors the other day and weighed it. The Shaker 1000 door subwoofer, plastic subwoofer enclosure, 6x8 speaker, crash brace, and tar mat weighed 12.5 pounds for each side.

How hard was it to remove crash brace?
I want to do this

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Also, if you notice any errors in this spreadsheet, post them up.

Matt-D now maintains this list, and he will making updates to this spreadsheet as often as necessary to keep it current.

==============================================

UPDATED 02/02/2010, 6:08pm PST
The 18" GT500 front tire size is 255/45-18, not 255/40-18.

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back