How much will arms help??

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
hey sharad ummmmm what happened here???
guess i should have read what you said first.. what did you do to brace your rear end housing? and how much power where u putting down when those tubes split?

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
My tubes never twisted my tubes. I welded and braced the housing with 1 inch tubing after seeing Mitchell have those problems. He had a ton more power, but it showed me what could happen

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
New personal best tonight. 7.18 @95.5....1.50 60ft. No improvement on 60ft, but et is where I want. Just an ol 3v

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Even American Muscle twisted a tube on one of these cars with very little power. (it's in their 3V vs Coyote video)

I don't recommend relo brackets to my customers unless they're SURE they have a reliable ship which can weld/pin/brace their rear end.

I understand the benefit. I think about it all the time, actually. My car is one of the lowest cars on this forum. My LCAs are angled WAY up to the housing... but I'm not adding relos until the day I can remove my housing, weld & pin the tubes, and upgrade the internals. These rear ends don't like much abuse, and the rear end failures can be catastrophic.

New personal best tonight. 7.18 @95.5....1.50 60ft. No improvement on 60ft, but et is where I want. Just an ol 3v

Nice pass!!

Rokkit

forum member
Reaction score
is that in the 8th or 1000ft?? would love to lay dwn a 1.5 60' though. nice.... the last thing i want to do it break s***....

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
There was a fair amount of nvh increase with the spherical bearing in the 3rd link. Since there was no real improvement in the 60ft, I may go back to poly. Wonder if going to poly on the arm, leaving bearing in the link would be better, or poly in the rear, bearing in the arm, or would poly in both maintain my 60ft, and be better on the street?

Back