How my Chemical Guys order arrived from Fed Ex

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Beat all to shit is how it arrived lol. I had a gallon of tire dressing, microfibers and some other stuff in there. Luckily nothing was damaged. But damn, this is ridiculous.

Reaction score
Hellen Keller packing and shipping, at your service! :highfive:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That bottom pic is messed up! I mean, surely CG didn't send it out like that, but how in the world would that shipping tape get torn open like that unless someone intentionally opened it. That tape is stout stuff! Very suspicious looking. Just glad you got all the stuff you ordered.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
In my experience it doesn't mater who you ship with be it UPS, Fedex, USPS or any of the other varied carriers there will always be damage in transit.

As others have said, at least the product wasn't damaged.

I once received an engine from Ford Racing and when it was unloaded from the semi the crate was broken and the engine was upside down, obviously somewhere along the way someone dropped it at a crossdock transfer.

Also once had Fedex pick up a 20 lb diff and by the time it got to Texas they delivered an empty box.

Adventures in shipping. Honestly though, the vast majority of the time everything goes just fine.

-Steve

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Just seems to me like somebody could have pushed the folds of the box together completely on the top and bottom and run a few strips of tape along the joint and on each side of the joint so stuff still wouldn't fall out. Somebodys "give a damn" is broke.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just seems to me like somebody could have pushed the folds of the box together completely on the top and bottom and run a few strips of tape along the joint and on each side of the joint so stuff still wouldn't fall out. Somebodys "give a damn" is broke.

Looks like it was well taped at the time of shipping and Fedex opened it, inspected the contents and made a sorry attempt of re-taping it.

I hate shipping chemicals and liquids just because of stuff like this.

-Steve

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
At least yours is still taped! I had a spoiler AND an exhaust setup arrive COMPLETELY opened. ZERO tape............hahahahaha........parts missing FTL!!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like it was well taped at the time of shipping and Fedex opened it, inspected the contents and made a sorry attempt of re-taping it.

I hate shipping chemicals and liquids just because of stuff like this.

-Steve

Oh I totally agree. I'm not blaming CG.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
At least yours is still taped! I had a spoiler AND an exhaust setup arrive COMPLETELY opened. ZERO tape............hahahahaha........parts missing FTL!!

Why in the hell would you buy an exhaust?
It's not like you start the damn thing.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
when the FedEx Ground guy delivered my wheels two weeks ago, I was looking over the boxes for damage, he commented, "those should be ok, but don't ever have a TV delivered by us" :thud:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
when the FedEx Ground guy delivered my wheels two weeks ago, I was looking over the boxes for damage, he commented, "those should be ok, but don't ever have a TV delivered by us" :thud:

I had a TV delivered by them from Amazon last Christmas and it came in great condition. It must be hit or miss and how many people making minimum wage came into contact with it. lol

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Tim a gallon of tire dressing you must be going to hit the car show circuit big time.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Ouch! Tim a gallon of tire dressing you must be going to hit the car show circuit big time.

No...not big time lol. It's so much cheaper to buy stuff by the gallon. A gallon of this dressing in the link below is 28 bucks. If you buy a 16 oz bottle its 9 bucks. Huge savings getting the gallon size. This stuff is awesome. It's water based and not greasy. It dries clear like a clearcoat. Leaves one helluva shine. It's meant for tires as well as interior surfaces. Looks great on seats, dash and trim. Very high shine. I was using Aerospace 303 before but I like this a lot better.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TVD_107

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score

Ah yes Dave...this guy lol.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea, funny I saw that vid this morning on YT as I was browsing.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I've seen worse. The lack of tape is annoying though. At least everything go there. Ironically, I just got a shipment yesterday just about as poorly sealed. Two boxes jammed together & barely taped. Fortunately everything was there & undamaged--but that was more luck than anything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back