How to install BBK's 62mm throttle body

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh if it was only that easy. Setting the TPS had me taking it off and putting it back on 3 times.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't have to many problems with the install. If I can help just ask?

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
By the way that TB is a really great bolt on ounce you get a good tune for it. I got a lot out of it and am very happy with the HP increase.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
I just read your install link. When you get to the Plastic Spring Cap its will want to push up to one side if you just put a screwdriver in to turn it into place. You are going to need to hold the TB without your hands and use both hands to hold two screwdrivers. Push them down on the cap and use them both to push the spring tension down and turn. That part of the install should be the hardest. Like I said feel free to ask if you hit any problems.

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
do you also have to measure some sort of voltage when you do this? i saw it in some install videos i was thinking about getting this in the winter

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
If you never touch the drive by wire part on the side of the TB that has to be switched over, You don't have to worry about the voltage check. The BBK instructions will tell you that if you have any problems on start up to check the voltage and start the process over again. I didn't have to mess with a voltage check and I have been good for the 6K mine has been on.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
It is a great bolt on by the way...Throttle response is much better.

Barricade

Reaction score
My instructions didnt say that....It showed how to check the stock voltage then how to put on the BBK and check/adjust its voltage. I matched em up and it runs like a champ!

It was way off so I have no idea if it would have worked...I doubt it though.
Looks like you lucked out cause its kinda a pain int he buttt to do. Took 3 times of taking it off and putting it back on to get mine right cause you cant adjust the TB while its on the car.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My instructions didnt say that....It showed how to check the stock voltage then how to put on the BBK and check/adjust its voltage. I matched em up and it runs like a champ!

It was way off so I have no idea if it would have worked...I doubt it though.
Looks like you lucked out cause its kinda a pain int he buttt to do. Took 3 times of taking it off and putting it back on to get mine right cause you cant adjust the TB while its on the car.

Only the first run of the bbk tb's required the adjustment which was causing issues for some, after that they came preset the instructions that came with mine said not to touch anything just swap over the motor and clock the spring.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
Only the first run of the bbk tb's required the adjustment which was causing issues for some, after that they came preset the instructions that came with mine said not to touch anything just swap over the motor and clock the spring.

That has to be the difference between the one I got and Barricade's. Mine is pretty new(only about 6months old) so they probably worked out the bugs some. Who knows...At least we all followed the instructions I guess.LOL

Barricade

Reaction score
They are all a little different. You will need to reinstall your stocker and check it then put the new one back on then check it then pull it and adjust and put it back on.

fun fun fun....

been there.....done that.

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Hey what's is the tps voltage on the stock tb ??? I didn't know about it till after I installed the tb

the range should be between 1.19 – 1.31 volts

Also to add, because I had codes (forced idle) with my Billet 62mm TB install:
- after swapping stock TB to verify it want the tune or sensors, I checked the stock TB voltage, mine was at 1.2v
- Check voltage with battery ground and yellow wire on TPS.
- Swapped new TB over, cranked the screw nearly 1 full turn, it was still only reading 1.05, another 1/4 turn had it at 1.18, close enough.
- I also cleaned and lubed the "shaft" (insert joke here) and had to do some very minor fitting (sanding of blades and bores) because it was sticking slightly when closed.

That seemed to fix my issues.

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
accidentally took off the silver part on the motorhousing... are there any real major consequences of this? i put it back on

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back