HPP turbo kit

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I did order the kit 2 weeks ago, but I had the bullseye shipped ( ground service ) and that took a week to deliver. So HP did not send the kit off to be coated until the turbo was delivered as they are coating the exhaust housing on the bullseye. Also, Nathan did tell me a day or two would be added to the time due to the downpipe that came on the turbo. He is cutting that one off and welding another on. So from the date of receipt of the turbo, Nathan is at 1 week, so with him saying it would ship next week he is right on time. I told him when I ordered that I wanted it shipped by 3-31, but April 3 would be 2 weeks from receipt of the turbo.

Also, Andrew...I am not questioning anyone who has stated a long delivery time. Infact I have heard it form soooo many people, including personal friends that I would be an idiot to question anyone of you. I really appreciate the feedback of your experience, I even took yall's advice to get the S366..
However, just like you I will post what Nathan commits to, and if he follows through on those commitments. So far what he is telling me is right inline with the time line he committed to. If the kit does not ship / deliver next week. I will make sure that everyone is aware and will do the same if it delivers. I would be really frustrated if your experience happened to me too. I understand your view point of HP, you remember things like that...

The reality is I still have the Vortech V3 on my car , so I'm not dying to go from NA to FI. My car is still a blast to drive...so I not in a huge rush,I can still have some fun in the car now.That did play a role in my decision. If I was NA though I would be extremely anxious to get the turbo....

This just sounds way too familiar to another nathan story in the making. To tell you even more there is another guy down here that is waiting already 6 weeks for his stage 1 no mod kit lol. This is happening all over again "he is keeping his word, he is waiting for the pipes to be coated, bla bla bla" Like I have said before dont trust anything he says.

Andrew

ethic1bmx

Reaction score
I have the HP kit on my car adn love it. I have had the kit for a little over a year now with no problems. The kit fits and looks great with excellent power. The time to get the kit was extremely lengthy but would order the same kit if I had to do it over again. I installed the kit with a couple buddies and was pretty easy, took a day to install.

What all mods do you have?
Do you have any pics of the kit installed?
Undercar?

jay320bird

Reaction score
The motor is stock with minor mods. Charge plates to remove butterflies. Oil seperator on breather system, 39 lb injectors, gt fuel pump. I can take a couple pics of the engine bay but pictures of the underside will take a while.

Jay

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
The motor is stock with minor mods. Charge plates to remove butterflies. Oil seperator on breather system, 39 lb injectors, gt fuel pump. I can take a couple pics of the engine bay but pictures of the underside will take a while.

Jay

Wow that is some good power on 39's.How much do the charge plates add? I'm trying to figure out if they are worth it to do to mine...

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow that is some good power on 39's.How much do the charge plates add? I'm trying to figure out if they are worth it to do to mine...

imo it doesn't even matter if they add hp they are worth it when it comes to f/i hell they aint but 150 bucks new and even cheaper if you find them used shit i picked up a set of billet ones for 100 bucks a few weeks ago

jay320bird

Reaction score
I agree 100%. There is no way that I would want the blades to be left between my intake and heads. I don't know what the possibility of them coming apart is but I would take the chance. Plus there is quite a bit of restriction with the blades.

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
imo it doesn't even matter if they add hp they are worth it when it comes to f/i hell they aint but 150 bucks new and even cheaper if you find them used shit i picked up a set of billet ones for 100 bucks a few weeks ago

Freak, did you loose any bottom end tq?

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
well the only one with an off the shelf single turbo kit

I found a good deal on one and will have it in a week just looking at what to expect..?..

I already have built motor, ported heads gears,spec stage 3 clutch, cams etc...

Did you already have a FI car? What compression is your built motor?

ethic1bmx

Reaction score
No, no forced induction YET. I bought the car from a buddie who was getting a divorce so needed out of it. He sold the d1 before I had a s197 so I had to wait to get one. Car is built to the T...Compression kinda high(9.0 or so) but itll be fun..

Last edited:

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
No, no forced induction YET. I bought the car from a buddie who was getting a divorce so needed out of it. He sold the d1 before I had a s197 so I had to wait to get one. Car is built to the T...Compression kinda high(9.0 or so) but itll be fun..

9.0 sounds perfect. I prefer it to be a little higher so it's not a turd on the street. I can't wait to build mine in a few years...You're gonna have a sweet ride. What psi do you plan on running? I plan to go 8-9 until the motor is built.

Back