Hurst Billet - shift stops?

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
For those of you with the Hurst Billet shifter, did you install the shift "stops" that came with it? I got the shifter installed without issue, but can't get the shift stops installed with the shifter in the car. The kit included two threaded bolts/nuts, and there are threads cut into the round shifter base, but I couldn't get either one (front or rear) to start - it's like the angle on the threads wouldn't allow it to start. I imagine I could take the shifter out and reinstall, but I don't really want to do that. FWIW, nothing in the lackluster install manual mentions the stops or shows a picture of them, and none of the online installs I've seen mention it either. Thoughts?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I didn't install them, the tr3650 had nice beefy internal stops.
I didn't feel is was necessary, and didn't want to complicate things.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
You are correct you can't install the stops while the shifter is in the car. Too don't really need them and tremec doesn't recommend them either.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. I also went back and installed one of the rubber pieces between the handle, that seemed to quiet down some of the buzzing under load. The rest may be the jam nut not tight enough.

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
Its probably the ball socket like mine is making the noise. Got a few things to throw at it today.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Its probably the ball socket like mine is making the noise. Got a few things to throw at it today.

Let me know if you make any progress...

My headlight switch is also rattling like crazy. Driving me nuts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back