I got my Novi 2200 today! Thanks to Bob Kurgan!

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Itshere.jpg

JustOpened.jpg

blowervsbottle.jpg

IntercoolerFrontal.jpg

w00t! Going to start the install in a few weeks. Can't wait! Waiting for my MAFia to come in the mail and I need to order my SCT PRP yet. Waiting to talk to one person yet. Then I have everything. Goes as follows;

Twin Ford GT pumps on stock hat (Wiring Mod)
Twin OEM FPDM's
Steeda CMDP's
39lb/hr injectors (to start, dunno what I'm going to do here yet.)
Diablo MAFia
Autolite HTO's
Offroad X-pipe
NGK AFX Wideband with NTK Sensor
Two into one breather setup
Novi 2200 HO

Looking for 460RWHP to start. Then after my tuning skills are where they need to be, I am going to boot it up to 480RWHP and the 3.33" pulley. That will make me happy. I was going to do E85, but after testing the 4 local gas stations that carry E85 I have changed my mind. The best station testing 70-ish % Ethanol.... No good. So, plan B is a water/meth injection. Not to raise boost or timing, but as a saftey blanket instead. I'll be running 91 pump gas so I don't have to worry about finding 93. It seems to be getting scarce around here as well. So the Meth will come in handy on real hot days or if I'm hot lapping at the strip.

Build thread to follow.

P.S. - Took Greg Banish's and SCT's training class in Orlando last August. So I have the Calibrator certification. This also won't be my first "rodeo" when it comes to tuning. Just my first S197 and my first using Advantage 3.0.

Last edited:

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Good choice with the Paxton. The install is a b*tch. Everything is tight. You'll love it when you're done tho.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
can u show me the drain plug on the head unit for supercharger oil.. my friend has one and it's been 2 years and he hasn't changed his supercharger oil, I want to see what to look for.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
can u show me the drain plug on the head unit for supercharger oil.. my friend has one and it's been 2 years and he hasn't changed his supercharger oil, I want to see what to look for.

The 2200 ho paxton I had took oil from the engine, it wasnt self contained.which means no drain plug.You change the oil when you change the engine oil.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You'll know by the unit...if its a 2200SL HO then its self lubricating...most of the newer Paxton/Vortech units are SL (Self-Lubricating)

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is not the SL (Self Lubed) model either. Did that on purpose. I like the idea of changing all my oil in one shot. Don't have to worry about changing the supercharger oil. I will, however, step my change intervals up.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was going to go turbo, but Bob gave me a awesome price on the 2200 HO Tuner kit. I'm happy with my decision so far.

bullitt boy

Reaction score

Not sure about the Paxton but on the Vortech -V-3 the is a stainless wrapped line that runs to the bottom of the car around the radiator area,it has a bolt on the end that you just loosen and drain.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
you mean you haven't installed yet?!?! lol good luck and enjoy

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Can't wait to get to it. After going through the manual, it is a bit more involved than I had thought. But, no big deal. May take a bit longer than I was hoping is all. Still should have her done in a 3 day weekend.

Vxer1000

Camaro Can Kicker
Reaction score
Great choice. I remember when Paxton did the 5.0s back in the 80s. They've always been a solid company. Just make sure you and your lawyer are tight. Your gonna need him.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
^^Do tell..Congrats on the kit, where did you pick it up??

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Got the kit from Bob Kurgan of Kurgan Motorsports. I think he was implying that I will be getting a lot of speeding tickets.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back