I have a build idea..

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
So I been thinking about all the different directions I can go with my car, well I started thinking. My car is a DD in the summer and doesnt see much racing but I want it to be more fun to drive and obviously faster. So how would this work?

Hellion kit with the 62mm
5r55s
Various bolt ons and 4.10s

The reason I got thinking this way is I know the 62mm spools very fast and with 4.10s it would be an animal off the line correct with minimal lag correct?

Now I know this isn't optimal 1/4 mile performance set up, but it would be real fun for a street car set up would it not?

Or should I just say fuck it and get a twin screw.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Get some meaty tires along with that setup and say goodbye to the competition! Just remember, shorter gears do NOT work WELL with highway driving. I stressed NOT and WELL because you can do it, just remember the droning you are going to get from the cabin w those 4.10's. Some people can't stand it. but to each it's own. If the car is going to be just a fun DD like myself, JUST DO IT!

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Another question how will 4.10s and a 62mm do off the line against a twin screw?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
They do fairly well if you hook. We have been running my friends TT mustang vs a whippled cobra and he runs side by side with it... The turbo car has 4.10s

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Fuckin bad ass id like to see a vid of that race, I bet its intense.

jdebs

forum member
Reaction score
depends on your price range, but i would go with a saleen supercharger. they might not make the most power, but they definately do look the best!

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I love the looks of the saleen! And they are capable of more power than I'm looking to make, this thread is just a thought I came up with. I'm still going back and forth in my mind what will be best for me.

jdebs

forum member
Reaction score
well good luck with your choice. im sure whatever you pick will be awesome!

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Here ya go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUZP25FLEg

here is the car...

DSC00359.jpg

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
yeah we are having some traction issues with the Twin Turbo car, and it keeps hitting the fuel cut off. The car ran 12.20 @121 that day on low boost.

Over the winter its getting a new diff, axles, and 3.55s installed, plus a new fuel system. Next spring we will really hit it hard and go for the 10s.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back