I think I figured it out...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
In our continuing saga, our intrepid hero, SoundGuyDave, has won a dyno session in a car show raffle, and strapped his trusty steed to the rack... As you may recall, he was complaining about the tune feeling "flat" in the upper RPM range, just not wanting to keep pulling. No codes, no stumble, but no balls (can I say that here?) either. Enter THE DYNO!

Please note the tuning company's name has been redacted, until they have the opportunity to respond privately. Granted, this was a second gear pull (test purposes), but that should have no effect on the shape of the curve or the A/F ratio, both of which are pretty ugly.

Fortunately, our intrepid hero was prepared, with a tune he received THIS MORNING. Promptly uploaded, and in a 4th gear pull, delivered this:

The car feels a lot better, but shouldn't I be getting some higher HP and torque numbers? Mods that count are: CAI w/90MM Lightning MAF, Steeda billet deletes, Roush 25% UDP's, FRPP 3.73 gear, Nitto P285-40/ZR18 tires on Liquid Metal "Static" rims (18x9.5").

Any thoughts?

SoundGuyDave

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Auto, with no access to locking into 4th gear for the dyno... rolled into WOT starting around 3200rpm with OD and TC off...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine dyno'd 256hp/300 tq when it was stock but with a MMR intake and a 91 performance tune. This was also in cool December air. If I am reading this right, your dyno was done at 92 degrees, and 93% humidity? I am guessing that the numbers were not SAE? (not corrected)

I think 260 with those conditions (temp/humidity) is actually pretty good. You can figure out the DA with those numbers.

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
The numbers were SAE (correction factor of 1.05), and my piss-poor penmanship should read 43% RH... what is the formula for figuring DA? I'm really not hung up on numbers, but I would have figured on something closer to 290 or so, but the heat was fairly oppressive. This was also the third pull in the space of about 10 minutes, so engine heat-soak would have an effect as well... I'll hit the track next week (I hope!) and see what the real-world effect of the new tune is. I bet that I don't go flat on the big end anymore!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why does SoundGuyDave speak about himself in the 3rd person?

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Why does SoundGuyDave speak about himself in the 3rd person?

Literary license, with an allusion to the voice-over narrations from the '60s era TV and radio shows...

I was in a reasonable mood, and felt a lighter approach other than &(#%#% was in order... I'll try to watch myself in the future...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll try to watch myself in the future...
That's ok - hawg would just find some other fault with your posts, you, your mother, etc... :samuri:I think its just pent up bitterness from working in the telecoms industry - I know it pisses me off working with those people...

M

MattD

I believe I would go ahead and change my plugs after running that rich.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back