I wish I would have done it sooner...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll probably wait till I put in the TR6060 too before getting a new shifter.

travelers

Reaction score
I haven't herd of the TR6060 trans. Is it a higher torque rating? Is it a 5 or 6 speed and is it a direct replacement for the stock trans? Who has it?
Sorry for so many questions.

hoboattacker

Reaction score
The 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500KR revealed! “King of the Road” returns and will offer an estimated 540 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque, thanks to revised ignition and throttle calibration and a cold air intake system that replaces the stock unit.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, upgraded from the standard GT500’s 3.31:1. Gear selection is courtesy of an all-new Ford Racing short-throw shifter making its debut on the KR. Topped with a white ball, the new shifter is 25 percent shorter than the unit on the GT500 providing for crisper, sharper shifts.

Don't know if it's a direct bolt-in though.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't herd of the TR6060 trans. Is it a higher torque rating? Is it a 5 or 6 speed and is it a direct replacement for the stock trans? Who has it?
Sorry for so many questions.
6 speed...

It is the unit in the GT500 and the new viper...

It has a much higher torque rating than the 3650 and higher than the T56 as well. Also triple synchros and various key internals have been upgraded from the T56 (to achieve the increase torque rating required for the GT500 and the new viper that got yet more cubes).

It is not a direct bolt in per se - it requires:
1. DS (see powerhouse for a 1PC AL unit)
2. cross member
3. shifter (GT500 "stock" or steeda tri-ax for GT500 - looks from the above post like there might be an FRPP option soon)
4. clutch - GT500 twin or spec supertwin...

Trans+cross can be had from Ford (and only ford at the moment)...

hoboattacker

Reaction score
The FRPP option they look to be offering sounds a lot like the Hurst shifter. White ball shifter and I doubt that it is anything fancy with springs and such. Don't know if Hurst has teamed up with Ford though, I haven't heard anything at least.

BUstang

<font color="pink"><b>Pigg</b></font>
Reaction score
I love my lca's aside from the clunking noise they make. Stupid metal bushings.

Q

qwkcoupe

Removing rubber suspension parts is a good thing!! Setting the new stuff up right is even better... Thanks to AS brackets!!

travelers

Reaction score
They are spherical rod ends (heim joints)... metal on metal.
So I take it these can't be lubed. Won't WD-40 work to quiet them down. That will also help keep water from corroding them form the inside.

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll agree, it does say that on their website.
hdr_wd_five_functions.gif

CLEANS: WD-40 gets under dirt, grime and grease to clean. It also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, stickers, and excess bonding material.
DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.
PENETRATES: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
LUBRICATES: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all moving parts.
PROTECTS: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.

Also,

While its uses are many and varied, WD-40 should not be used as a general-purpose lubricant, as it dries very quickly and collects dust. This can result in serious damage to machinery and equipment designed for use with heavy oils when they are lubricated with lightweight WD-40.

For what we would lube on car, I would never use WD-40. Just trying to help. :beer:

Back