In Desperate need of SJB

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
Hi guys. New guy here, but plenty of experience. I have a 2009 GT and the SJB is draining my battery. I have looked everywhere for the correct part number and Kit number. eBay Germany has the only one in the world as far as I know, and it's impossible to get through to them. Anyways, if you can help a brother out, the P/N I need is 9R3T-14B476-HA and the Kit is 9R3T-15604-HB. DELPHI# is 28152188. Help!

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys. New guy here, but plenty of experience. I have a 2009 GT and the SJB is draining my battery. I have looked everywhere for the correct part number and Kit number. eBay Germany has the only one in the world as far as I know, and it's impossible to get through to them. Anyways, if you can help a brother out, the P/N I need is 9R3T-14B476-HA and the Kit is 9R3T-15604-HB. DELPHI# is 28152188. Help!
Message me a VIN and I will see what I can do. I work at a Ford Dealer

JC SSP

Reaction score
Thats why its good to have a "Ford" guy on this forum. I think you owe him a cold one...

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
I know it's obsolete. That is why I am on here asking if anyone has a used one or knows of any place that has a used one. And I am also aware that the part number that Ford says is the correct one. (9R3Z-15604-B or F) The one in my car is 93RT-1604-HB

Would installing a kill switch be something that would prevent ANYTHING from draining the battery?

Last edited by a moderator:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I know it's obsolete. That is why I am on here asking if anyone has a used one or knows of any place that has a used one. And I am also aware that the part number that Ford says is the correct one. (9R3Z-15604-B or F) The one in my car is 93RT-1604-HB
That is most likely an engineering number. try and call LKQ. They are a nationwide salvage yard. Five them the part number
I gave you.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Again, Thats why it's good to have a "Ford" guy on this forum.

Heck, I will buy you a cold one... LOl ;)

GriffX

Reaction score
FYI, I once pinched a brake line under the tail lights and got a drain current from the SJB. I noticed it when all 5 - 10 days a fuse was blown at the SJB and the plastic around looked like melted.

Last edited:

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
Oh the drain is definitely from the SJB because I had another one installed and it doesn't drain the battery anymore, but my remote doesn't work, as soon as I unlock the door with my key the alarm goes off, lights start flashing, but it will start and then the alarm goes off, but I also have a constant airbag light and TPMS light and message. So the part number and kit numbers being correct are essential. So lets just hope the one from LKQ is the correct part number and not one that "someone" says is interchangeable, because they arent.

yote0

Reaction score
You can turn off TPMS via Forscan. I’ve done it. This leads me to believe that you could possibly change all of the as-built data in the new SJB to match your original SJB.

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
That sounds like a possibility, but I will wait until I get the one from LKQ to see what does or doesn't work. This is getting to be a pain. Auto ECMs said I have an oddball SJB. One of a kind type. The only one I actually saw a picture of the label that matched mine exactly is on eBay in Germany, and after going through eBay here to get access to eBay Germany, it says that it is no longer available.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Oh the drain is definitely from the SJB because I had another one installed and it doesn't drain the battery anymore, but my remote doesn't work, as soon as I unlock the door with my key the alarm goes off, lights start flashing, but it will start and then the alarm goes off, but I also have a constant airbag light and TPMS light and message. So the part number and kit numbers being correct are essential. So lets just hope the one from LKQ is the correct part number and not one that "someone" says is interchangeable, because they arent.
Did you just install this SJB? Was the vehicle programmed to recognize the new box?

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
No. Ford installed it and programmed it. They called and said it was done and the only thing wrong was the airbag light was on, which I would have dealt with. But when I went to pick it up, my keyfob didn't work, so I unlocked the driver's door with my key and when I opened it, the horn started blaring, the lights starts flashing, until I started it up and the alarm shut off. But I got the airbag light, and the TPMS light with the "tire pressure warning message. It not draining the battery any longer though. So I know it's the SJB that was draining it. I just have to find one that works correctly and hopefully, the one coming from LKQ will.

Back