In Desperate need of SJB

JC SSP

Reaction score
I would take it back to Ford and see what they say.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
No. Ford installed it and programmed it. They called and said it was done and the only thing wrong was the airbag light was on, which I would have dealt with. But when I went to pick it up, my keyfob didn't work, so I unlocked the driver's door with my key and when I opened it, the horn started blaring, the lights starts flashing, until I started it up and the alarm shut off. But I got the airbag light, and the TPMS light with the "tire pressure warning message. It not draining the battery any longer though. So I know it's the SJB that was draining it. I just have to find one that works correctly and hopefully, the one coming from LKQ will.
Take it back to Ford. Depending on when it was installed there is a warranty on repairs.

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
There's only a warranty on repairs, if the SJB was procured by Ford. I bought the SJB and had them install and program it. Is that not correct?

JC SSP

Reaction score
Hmmm… I guess it’s like taking a steak to restaurant and having them cook it for you. But you end up with food poisoning…

I would still take it back, especially since someone who knows already stated that the system can be re-code with forscan.

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
UPDATE: I got another SJB from LKQ and of course, it isn't the same part number as they claimed it was. So I just got off the phone with the dealer and told them I want this one re-coded with my car's as-built data, so they said ok, to bring it back in. They will need to get into Fords system and get the as-built data for my VIN. I told them to do it and I do not care how much it cost. I just want it back to normal.

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
Ok. So they programmed my latest SJB and downloaded the as-built data into it, and everything is back to normal except the TPMS indicator and message. Can the TPMS warnings be eliminated?

Ryan Jewell

Reaction score
I am having the same issue on my 09 Shelby. I was told that the convertibles have a different SJB. Does anyone have the PN for VIN 1ZVHT89S695120380

Thanks

Ryan

GriffX

Reaction score
Ok. So they programmed my latest SJB and downloaded the as-built data into it, and everything is back to normal except the TPMS indicator and message. Can the TPMS warnings be eliminated?
TPMS can be deactivated with Forscan

Ryan Jewell

Reaction score
My SJB keeps intermittently tripping my TPMS light. Ford told me that it was the SJB, but as we all know it is obsolete. They told me that the TPMS was just the beginning of the problems that I will have. I have a Ford ESP on my car. But I keep getting the runaround from the dealership.

Ryan Jewell

Reaction score
I found a couple of places that have 9R3Z-15604-C in stock. When I reference this it says it was replaced by 9R3Z-15604-G. Can I use 9R3Z-15604-C and have it programmed?

Dcraig10004

Reaction score
You need to look at your SJB. There will be two sets of numbers. Both have to be the same. You'll have a part number like 9R3T-14B476-HA and you'll also have a Kit number like 9R3T-15604-HB The replacement has to match exactly. If they do not, then there will be things that do not work. Or do not work correctly.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The tpms sensors were not programmed to the new SJB. Need that ford tool for this. Not IDS or Forscan.
The key fobs were not programmed to the new SJB.
Cycle key to 'run' 8 times, locks will cycle. Hit a button on your fobs. When the locks cycle, fob is now stored in sjb.
Heck, it sounds like no programming was done at all.

Last edited:

Ryan Jewell

Reaction score
IMG_0554.jpegPulled the cover off today and pulled the panel to get a pic of the part number.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back