In fender CAI air re-route

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
Yes it was a zip tie but have since mounted it. The pic was taken when it was temporary to see if it would work.
I added a few pin holes in the vent to drain the water. So far I have gone threw some deep water and never had a problem with water coming up the vent.
Road debris? That's what the filter is for? This only forces more air to the filter, not through it.
I mean, what happens when a rock gets kicked up into your engine? Oh well?

05xgt

Reaction score
Did this 2yrs ago using of all things shop vac parts readily available from home depot. Now the kicker, to take it a little further after being plumbed to a Saleen air box, the bottom side of the box has a provision to accomodate dry ice. Yeah I know it's co2, but it is mixed with outside air and has no effect on fuel air mix, other than reducing the air temp by as much as 60deg on a 96deg day. The downside is depending on how much you use will determine how long it lasts. That along with ambient temp.

05xgt

Reaction score
Did this two years ago using parts readily available at home depot or lowes. I took mine a bit further though by adding a provision to accomodate dry ice plumbed into a Saleen airbox. Yeah I know, it's co2, but after being mixed with outside air it has no effect on the f/a mix other than reducing the temp by 40-60 deg on a 96 deg day. These ranges verified by the install of a dig thermo guage. If you look at the attached you can see where I mounted scoops to add better flow and increased air velocity.

Attachments

• P2230170.jpg
    P2230170.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 63
  • updated_05.jpg
    updated_05.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 47
  • update_2.jpg
    update_2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 47

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
Great DIY but the original pics are gone from the first thread.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the stuff to do it today...but can anyone point real quick to how you mount it inside the engine bay? Mine I guess is a little different with all the new coolant lines from the S/C.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back