Innovators West pulley

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's the advantage of ruuning this crank pulleys on our car. I just ordered a 8 rib for my car and my tuner recommended me to get a innovators 10% pulley for my set-up. the price for this things is insane!!!:wtf:

Any of our vendors sells this ones???

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You use overdrive pulleys on the crank to get more boost with the same size blower pulley. Also allows for a little more surface area contact between the pulley and the belt.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When you put this bad boy on, it may not look like it's on all the way, but it will be. It's an optical illusion.

At least it was when we put it on Cali HP's...He actually got a 15% Overdrive pulley. That sucker's huge!!!

I think you can get them through GI Joe, but I may be mistaken. Check with him on that.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
You use overdrive pulleys on the crank to get more boost with the same size blower pulley. Also allows for a little more surface area contact between the pulley and the belt.
It will also turn all the other pulleys faster too... no?

Personally, I wouldn't even consider an overdrive crank pulley on my car unless I had already maxed out the smallest blower pulley I could get and/or I was having belt issues and felt a little more belt wrap would help. But that's just my :2cents: .

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You could also get a 10% underdrive alternator pulley too, to offset the crank pulley. Something to think about.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Sure, there are ways around it... but like I said, I wouldn't go there on my car yet. It's just too easy and cheap to change the blower pulley if I want more boost.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sure, there are ways around it... but like I said, I wouldn't go there on my car yet. It's just too easy and cheap to change the blower pulley if I want more boost.

Yeah, I know...Us KB guys don't really run into the need for an overdrive set up.

It's those Saleen guys that run out of boost at the top...LOL!

V

VSOP

I'll be going with the 10% od with the whipple once I put in the electric waterpump. I rather have less belt slip issues. When the bottom end it built up I want to be able to run 20+ PSI with the whipple. Need to get over 700rwhp so I can kill a few terminators around here that have Whipples/KB & N2O.

I OD crank seems the best way to get more boost with out having such a small pulley that you get belt dust everywhere.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I'd have to go with Don on this one, I would consider an underdrive pully till I max out the smallest S/C pully first.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Overdrive pulley

I have one on my car. I have a crazy theory that it will allow me to stay with the 6 rib belt run 10 to 12 pounds of boost and not have belt issues. Since I am half way around the world and since when I was able to drive it all I could do is make loads of tire smoke we will have to wait to see if it works. During this business trip I was comparing 15" wheels and I think hole shots are in my future. Do any of our SV sell them?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well, I will have a 15 psi pulley and a 18 psi pulley available for the 6 rib if you want to give them a try. Holeshot wheels you heve to get them directly from them (I think). Just get bogarts... they are reducing the price this season.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Hey Silver, did you check with GI Joe to see what he has or can do for you?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not yet, I am waiting for a couple of days to give him a call for my 8 rib Kit, I was getting the KB one but I really like his kit.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
From the photo's i've seen, i'd take GI Joes kit over anyones! Plus, I don't think KB will give you the kind of personal customer service that GI Joe will.:rock:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, an 18psi 6-rib? I would think that would be major slippage---are the KB pulley sizes larger to begin with (example: 3.0 pulley on Whipple is 13psi--what size is 13psi on the KB? 3.2, 3.4?)

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well, I will have a 15 psi pulley and a 18 psi pulley available for the 6 rib if you want to give them a try. Holeshot wheels you heve to get them directly from them (I think). Just get bogarts... they are reducing the price this season.

Thanks for the offer, but for now I think I have enough power to run mid 11's just need to hook. I can not wait to get back and have fun again.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am getting the Gi Joe Kit. I'll give him a call next week. I am spensding a lot of money right now getting some parts

60 Lbs injectors
Long Tubes
HE Water/Ice Box
Aftermarket HE
Rear Tires for the Track.

Back