Installed my HSW plate kit, so far so good!

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Install went pretty easy, still need to clean up the interior wiring and install the bottle heater. I did have to relocate the P/S Res. and cut the heatshield on the intake. I wanted to put the kit on and get some runs before I put in my cams/converter. Just for reference, the car is an 06 auto vert, 110jlt, cmdp, o/r-x, 4.10's and a tune. Best of 12.94 @ 105.9 on MT's n/a.

Seems like the suggested jets for the 75 shot are a bit lean for me, even with low bottle pressure, but I purchased a few extra when I bought the kit. I took 4 degrees out in the tune and changed the plugs to ht0's. Sprayed twice, a quick hit with 600psi pressure just to make sure everything was working alright, and about an 850psi quick street run against a built motor/auto LT1 trans am that was having some issues. Even the way it sits, it really wakes the car up, especially the first two gears!

I plan on getting some track numbers this week, hopefully. Here's wishing for 12.0's on the 75 shot :roflmao:.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats man on the Nitrous set-up.....I am going this Wednesday for my dyno tune for the 125 shot.....Ready to get mine tuned so I can get some track time and see what this thing will run with all the mods I already have plus the N20......You should definately be able to hit the 12s and even maybe middle to high 11s with the cams and converter.....The converter will be the key to helping get some good times at the track.....plus all the suspension and sticky tires of course.....I am in the market now for a converter and some drag radials.....What stall are you going with and what cams???

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats man on the Nitrous set-up.....I am going this Wednesday for my dyno tune for the 125 shot.....Ready to get mine tuned so I can get some track time and see what this thing will run with all the mods I already have plus the N20......You should definately be able to hit the 12s and even maybe middle to high 11s with the cams and converter.....The converter will be the key to helping get some good times at the track.....plus all the suspension and sticky tires of course.....I am in the market now for a converter and some drag radials.....What stall are you going with and what cams???

I already have both, just haven't installed them yet. Ptc 3200 and bbr stage 1's. The car has run 12's N/A in good weather, but from what I have seen from locals lower 11's are pretty attainable with cams/converter/nitrous. I hope.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Nevermind, the damn gauge they require you to install on the bottle is leaking. I wish they provided me with a plug for the bottle. There goes a full bottle of nitrous wasted. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what can be done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back