Installed Paxton, car won't run

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished installing the Paxton kit I bought from Beef on my car.
I had a Lund base tune sent and planned on data logging and putting the car on the dyno tomorrow.
What happens is the car won't idle for more than 30 seconds before the rpm's start gettin low and the car dies. Also while the car is running if I rev it, it dies.
We double checked all hoses, maf, spark plugs are one step colder set to 0.035 gap and everything is ok.

It looks to me like the tune might be bad. It was loaded into my sct tuner successfully but when I try to data log I get an error message saying it failed setup of load pct and long term fuel trim bank 1

What do you guys think? I'm kinda leaning towards a bad tune but I can't really data log for Lund because the car dies

Here is a pic of the error message

ee62c6ef.jpg

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I would message Ken Bjonnes of lund racing on here and he should be able to set you straight. He was great with me(and still is if i have a problem or question). How many pids are you trying to log. Sometimes if you have too many some of them fail to load or simply do not log.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Have you tried loading the stock tune to see if it will at least start and idle?

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Have you tried loading the stock tune to see if it will at least start and idle?

Lund sent me a stock tune and it idled good, as soon as there's any blower changes to the tune it all gets out of wack again

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Well... I spent the entire day with Ken and we can't get the car to drive, the idle is alot better but as soon as I try to drive it the maf and tb go all Cazy on the data log. We checked for leaks, removed and cleaned the maf, checked the PVC valve. Everything seems ok.

I'm kinda lost right now, Lund and Ken will be talking and I'll have a reply on what's going to happen tomorrow

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Seems like there's got to be a massive leak somewhere. Have you idled it and sprayed brake cleaner around all the connections? If you have a leak, the idle will stumble real bad. Worth a try...

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
Check the pins on the maf connector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
I put the stock plugs gapped at 35 in the car, ken says the data logs look much better but when I try to move the car it is still doing the same thing.

No check engine light or wrench light went on during any of this

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, everything is good now, turned out the Injectors were in wrong. Dasilva racing (MattD's) dad found the problem

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to ask; how in the world were the injectors installed incorrectly?????

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back